Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need to find 400 RPM I lost

JettRatt
    what kind of fuel do you run? I have a 454 12.7 to 1 I normally run 110 Iput 5gals of 91 and lost 500 rpm

Speed955
    just push harder on the damn gas pedal!
    Damn, I didn't even think of that, now I going to have to install a gas pedal actually if I pushed on the hand throttle any more I think it might snap off

Speed955
    What you need to do is take it to the lake , have a friend who knows how to drive , or work on a motor, and while you are going about 25mph or so, just up on plane, have him, or you open the air fuel screw on the carb, since you rejetted, you may need to open or close more, and thats a good way to do it, you will feel the boat either slow down and pop, or as you open it more you will feel the boat pick up rpms, I would bet you are to lean , or to rich, and that way of doing it will tell you right where you need to be!
    Last night I checked everything out again and everything seems right. I think your right that it is to rich. I jetted this thing when the weather was in the high 60's low 70's. Now I am boating in the mid to high 80's, just seemd like a lot of RPM to loose due to jetting but if it's getting to much fuel that it can't burn I guess it's possible.

89 Carrera
    whats size prop do u run on ur boat i nead so sugestio fopr my 21 ft carrera

Speed955
    whats size prop do u run on ur boat i nead so sugestio fopr my 21 ft carrera
    My everyday "ski" prop is a Michigan Wheel Apollo Stainless 21. I can not stress enough how happy I am with this prop on this boat. It does everything that I want it to do, regardless of price. I have tried the $400 + Mercury Laser II's, Mirage Plus and a couple of others and this one is by far the best all around prop I have used, excellent slip (very little) great hole shot, with good top end performance. I bought this one through PropMD on the web, great service from these guy's and they have a prop exchange program. I will be trying a loaner 22 Mercury Enertia next weekend, I have heard good things about these but I don't expect it to replace the Apollo unless it is significantly better. For going top end only I have a Mercury cleaver prop that I screw around with once in awhile but the handling changes quite a bit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12