Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Schiada V-drives

schiada96
    Schiada's rule !!!
    And mine has a cool story. I still owe Lee a little money on it. I have a friends with fast boats, one a blown alcohol flat two with twin turbo 21 ft schiadas like mine.
    I bought a bare hull from lee and made all the parts from the tanks to the ski tow and rigged it myself it took a long time but now I have a honest 95 mph boat.
    The engine is a 510 twin turbo. I traded work on a connely 25ft v-drive for the turbo
    parts less turbos, I'm running turbonetics TO4's
    Jeff

infotraker
    Just a Schiada note: I put together a 1968 Schiada flat ( 18') with a Bored 440 dodge, tunnel and still use it for skiing every summer (had it since 1968 ) !!!

hottrodder
    I'm anxious to hear the numbers on their new offshore 30, or is it 32? I can't remember and their webpage has been down recently

BADAXE
    Originally posted by hottrodder:
    I'm anxious to hear the numbers on their new offshore 30, or is it 32? I can't remember and their webpage has been down recently
    They do have a new 32 footer. There was one at the LA Boat Show. Also, one raced at the Catalina Ski Race this year. I forgot where I read it but reports are mid 80's with twin small blocks.

burtandnancy
    I have owned one 20' and three 21' Schiada's.
    Loved them all. Used almost exclusively for ski racing. All were turboed, auto-trans'ed.
    Extremely good handling(except when backing
    to the right) Handle rough water as well as any 24' boat. You'll love the large non-skid
    deck. Look for a v-drive or dri-sumped #6 to get the very best performance. Todays engines will easily give you 100+ mph and ex-
    cellent durability.

superdave013
    burt, What color was your 20'er? I have a '78 that is white with orange & yellow stripes. It's an ex ski racer. Maybe it was yours? Looks like the gelcoat was redone so maybe the colors were changed.

burtandnancy
    SUPERDAVE013
    My 20' Schiada was basically blue and white. In those days we raced with sponsorship of "Cask 'n Cleaver" I sold this boat to Bruce Penhall who trained with this, then moved on to bigger and better things. The next 21'er was red/white/blue, and then I had an orange/white one after that. I've run a few new one's recently, sure feels good!

DANS66STEVENS
    I just bought a 1976 22ft Schiada I got a deal of a life time. It has a brand new LS6 454 20 hours on it. Turbo-400 trans.The boat is in mint shape as far as the outside. The inside is another story. The last owner wanted it to be faster. So he tossed the entire interior in the trash!!!!What a dope. So I have some work to do. The boat runs super. It runs 70 on a gps.How is $ 2250 ??????? LOL I am serious!!!!!

burtandnancy
    dans66Stevens
    Since you bought your 22 Schiada for such a song, you can afford to go to one of the best re-upholsters and former Schiada owners for a new interior: Custom Canvas (Ron Tesarski) in Montclair. Other than the factory, he's probably done more seats and interiors than anyone.

DANS66STEVENS
    Id love to find a really good upholstery shop that knows Schiada boats, However, I'm located in up-state N.Y. I do know of a very good shop but I am looking for ideas. I got some good pics of the style that uses the swim deck. I think it looks like it wastes alot of space. I would love to see some pictures of the other style with the jump seats and rear seats. I know that is how my boat was set up originally.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast