Thread: Flow Coat

Schiada76
    Can anyone recommend someone to flowcoat my floor in the SFV area?

Kurtis500
    Here in Arizona you can buy from this source all the pre-preg, resins, Balsa-Core material, Glass, Flow-Coat material you'd ever think of, name of the company is called Sticky Stuff # 623-847-2444.
    Calif, I'd use Mel's custom fiberglass, that who does lots of Billy B's floors, also Jon Meads just had his flat done by Mel's, there were pictures awhile back.
    Hey! funny you say that, I just came from there. Marv is a good guy, and knows me well. He will pack and ship small quantities to wherever. He has just about everything in small quantities.

fc-pilot
    We seem to be going to Marvin all the time for stuff, but we never get anything in small amounts. :rollside:
    Paul

coolchange
    Joes Tooling in Sunland

SGettmann
    Can anyone recommend someone to flowcoat my floor in the SFV area?
    Schiada76 - I'm assuming that you will be adding balso and redoing the flowcoat on your Schiada. If so, can you get photos up of before and after. I currently have the bottom of my rig gel coated, which looks cool, but seeing balsa would be better. Someday, when I have to tear out my fiberglass tanks if they start leaking, I would like to redue my floor in balsa and put in some ss tanks. Any idea how much weight would be added to the hull for adding balsa and flow coat?
    Sean

Schiada76
    I already have balsa floors and just want to freshen them up a little. I'll try to post some pics when it's done.

Beautiful Noise
    Any idea how much weight would be added to the hull for adding balsa and flow coat?
    Sean
    On my 18' Flatbottom Mel at Mel's Custom Boat told me it would add about 50lbs by adding Balsa wood floors