Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need pics of BBC rail kit.....

BigDoug
    I don't know what a rail kit looks like, so can you post pics of your boat with a rail kit please.
    My motor sits in a motor box with bolts going through the stringer to support the motor, so i suppose im looking for a rail kit for a better install, am i on the right track ?....................thanks, Doug

MudPumper
    I don't know what a rail kit looks like, so can you post pics of your boat with a rail kit please.
    My motor sits in a motor box with bolts going through the stringer to support the motor, so i suppose im looking for a rail kit for a better install, am i on the right track ?....................thanks, Doug
    How much power you runnin??? Might not be very cost effective if there isn't anything wrong with your setup now.

BigDoug
    Mike, stock or very mild 454, i don't want to pull the washers through the stringers is all, they are starting to cave in a little, so i thought a rail kit was my answer ?...............hell, what do i know !!

76ANTHONY
    Mike, stock or very mild 454, i don't want to pull the washers through the stringers is all, they are starting to cave in a little, so i thought a rail kit was my answer ?...............hell, what do i know !!
    what does your set up look like now? and can you put plates on it?

BigDoug
    Yes, i probably could just put plates on it but thought a rail kit would look nicer...................maybe im not using the correct terminology when i say "rail kit"......this is a support system used to hold the motor up in between the stringers that look nice.....correct ?

Doug
    Here you go. Picutures aren't the best they're from my cell phone but I am sure you get the idea.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...l_Kit_Back.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...l_Kit_Left.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/..._Kit_Front.jpg

MudPumper
    Doug, a rail kit will definitely solve that problem. But if the stringers are having issues (soft or wet) the rail kit will only be a bandaid to a bigger problem. Here is a pretty basic one I put in my old boat.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...esh_Powder.JPG

BigDoug
    Yes, thank you guys !! this is what im talking about.............the camera phone pics look pretty good too !!
    Are these expensive ?

Bahner tunnel
    Here is a lame picture of mine installed. The engine plates are 3/8" (.375" )thick and the rails are 1/4" (.250") thick if that helps.
    I think a new set is like $800 from Lightning, you could make some for maybe $150 in metal and a days work. Aluminum is expensive these days.

76ANTHONY
    Here is a lame picture of mine installed. The engine plates are 3/8" (.375" )thick and the rails are 1/4" (.250") thick if that helps.
    I think a new set is like $800 from Lightning, you could make some for maybe $150 in metal and a days work. Aluminum is expensive these days.
    man im digging on that fuel valve......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast