Thread: Another neighborhood problem

Cigalert
    Here's the setup...
    A really good friend lost his girlfriend on May 13th. She was an epiliptic and died of a grand mall seizure. This past Saturday things were starting to sink in, I got full detail of what happened...him giving her CPR...vomit...too many details.
    Now, my wife is 7 months preggo and gets cranky rapidly and I now have a great friend who's going batshit and seriously loosing it. My buddy didn't want to go out in public and I don't blame him but we also had to keep our noise levels down for my wife to sleep so we went outside. I kicked on the heater and we were having quite a few cocktails.
    1:45 am rolls around and I hear a car haulin balls around the neighborhood. He was breaking the back end loose and getting closer like he was drifting around the neighborhood. I take a peak into the street and he hit my street sideways at about 40 with his lights off. My buddy that was over had his 2 day old S550 parked right in front of my place and this guy missed it by about 10". He kept on it and cranked it around the end of my street onto the street behind me and I could hear his doors open and he started yelling at someone.
    Great, now my wife is awake, so is my neighbor across the street and another neighbor down the street. My immediate neighbors were furious because their kids were awake and I'm pissed because now my cranky wife is up. Now I'm curious to see who this tool is. So a neighbor, my sad and andrenaline filled friend and myself walk over to have a chat with Mr. Fast and Furious to find out WTF?
    He went running into his house, locked the door and ran upstairs and was watching us through the windows.
    We stood around for a bit and pondered calling the cops and just decided to leave it alone and have a chat with his parents when they get back from the desert.
    Since we were drinking we started thinking up crazy ways to screw with this kid.
    Option 1- Take off all his tires and leave the truck on blocks but put all 4 tires in the bed.
    Option 2- Have his truck towed around the corner (I have a buddy with a tow truck)
    Option 3- Beat the living hell out him with sticks and rocks
    In all honesty, I don't know how I should diplomatically handle this.

Racey
    If it's a kid he needs to be taught a lesson before he ends up killing someone or damaging property, i'd have a talk with his parents, explain in detail what he did, and what time it was, no lights etc, let them handle punishment. Hopefully they are good parents and will take his keys away for a while. If he does it again then take matters into your own hands somehow (i like your options) and don't incriminate yourself, just keep it your own little secret.

HavaSkank
    Put a small rainbow sticker on the back of his truck. It will probably be days before he realizes it's there.

Biglue
    Talk to him once. Kick his ass the 2nd time. Only takes a split second to loose it behind the wheel and really cause some damage and hurt someone.

HavaSkank
    We did that to a guy we work with. We actually put two rainbow stickers on his bumper and a sign on his tailgate that said "If you want to talk call Don xxx-xxx-xxxx." He almost got beat up at a 7-11 by four Mexicans and got about 50 phone calls while driving. Then somebody smashed his tailgate and his driver's door. Not our best effort at a practical joke.
    So the practical joke turned out to be not so practical....but as a form of revenge, you cant beat it with a stick :devil:

MudPumper
    I would have called the cops and placed him under arrest for wreckless driving and impounded his car. I have little patience for people who drive with no due regard for the safety of others especially when its in my neighborhood.

Cigalert
    I had a chat with his pops. He basically told me to pound sand, apparently I wasn't the first to make a visit regarding this past Saturday. I refrained from explaining how my temper is shorter than Mini Me and I have been known to use peoples faces to open doors and windows. However, I did explain how the cops were going to be my next call and there are multiple witnesses to this recent reckless driving incident. He changed his tune. But It appeared as though he was trying to appease me with a nod and a handshake, I'm pretty sure Jr. is going to get nothing more than a stern "don't do that in the neigborhood".
    If I pulled this crap when I was his age I would not have the ability nor desire to drive due to the multiple contusions and lacerations inflicted by my pops.
    F'in kids.
    The next time that little zit popper comes rolling with his stereo turned to 11 I'm making a call and reporting the reckless driving. Too many kids that play in the streets around here for me to let this chit go.

WYRD
    I had a chat with his pops. He basically told me to pound sand, apparently I wasn't the first to make a visit regarding this past Saturday. I refrained from explaining how my temper is shorter than Mini Me and I have been known to use peoples faces to open doors and windows. However, I did explain how the cops were going to be my next call and there are multiple witnesses to this recent reckless driving incident. He changed his tune. But It appeared as though he was trying to appease me with a nod and a handshake, I'm pretty sure Jr. is going to get nothing more than a stern "don't do that in the neigborhood".
    If I pulled this crap when I was his age I would not have the ability nor desire to drive due to the multiple contusions and lacerations inflicted by my pops.
    F'in kids.
    The next time that little zit popper comes rolling with his stereo turned to 11 I'm making a call and reporting the reckless driving. Too many kids that play in the streets around here for me to let this chit go.
    That sucks, did you explain to him that this crap will not be tolerated in whitey town