Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: When I get bored I tinker (455 intake question too)

Taylorman
    Performer, Torker and Victor are for 5500, 6500 and 7500 rpm's respectively according to Edelbrocks web sight.

ck7684
    Right... but if I had, say, a performer camshaft I wouldnt buy a victor intake manifold and expect more power...
    I'd really like to see a comparison of a "typical" aftermarket intake and a similiar Offy...they seem to have some unique designs...

maxwedge
    This seems like a good time to see if anyone has more input on the Olds Dual quad manifold I asked about the other day in this thread...
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152897
    http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...nehr/mani2.jpg

pw_Tony
    Arent the Torker and Victor for completely different RPM ranges?? HGow about comparing a Performer to the Victor...?
    Well a Torker is a single-plane for higher RPM, but yet they're barely taller than a performer, and the small runners being so low I would think not much velocity to them.
    A Victor is so tall with larger runners that they're all high RPM power, which looses alot of torque, and alot of Jets don't spin that many RPM 6500+
    And performer's are just gay lol, thats what I have on my boat. Lots of torque, but in a jet boat you're passed 3000 RPM in a snap anyway, so I never understood the reason alot of boaters run performers, but oh well

Taylorman
    When i decided to switch from my tunnel ram and go to a single carb, the Victor was really the only choice for me. Im not gonna lie, i bought it mostly for the looks, everything else looks gay imo. Theres not a huge selection of intakes out there, so the Victor was the only choice for me. Steve said the torker made 15 more hp over the Victor. I doubt that would make 1 mph in my boat and i can live being 1 mph slower to have a cool looking engine. Heres a bunch of intakes for the olds.
    http://www.mondellotwister.com/IntakeFuelSys.htm

ck7684
    True!! Those Victors sure do look cool...
    BTW, Summit sells offy intakes new...I dont have much info about them, but I ran an Offy dual quad intake in my '65 Impala and I really liked it!! Mostly for looks, as it was over carbed (327 with 2 500's) but that thing would haul azz!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123