Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: damage from memorial weekend

wsuwrhr
    holy shit did someone put a granade in there. that had to be loud as fock...
    :2purples: :2purples: :2purples:

79centurion
    I dont think it hydrolocked due to the exhaust. I barely run water through the headers. The dont look to be rusted through anywhere.
    Dan

wsuwrhr
    I dont think it hydrolocked due to the exhaust. I barely run water through the headers. The dont look to be rusted through anywhere.
    Dan
    You don't need a large amount of water, I'm just saying.
    You have some serious damage to the cylinder wall, almost like it was just blown out, maybe not water from the exhaust, maybe a blown head gasket then.
    In my opinion, I am just saying, to me, unless you just kept running the motor, on the gas, with a broken valve bouncing around in there, it is not going to blow out the whole cylinderwall out and turn the piston sideways before it breaks off the wrist pin boss.
    I have seen some brokenracecarshit that let go at a Kagillion RPM and driven a ways "cause it's already broken" and I haven't seen too many like that.
    Course I'm not the expert, I was just offering suggestions so you make sure the motor is the only problem you are having and not something else.
    Brian

AZKC
    I'm sorry, but I couldn't help to laugh.
    It just died ey?
    No noise or anything?
    That was one hell of a bang I think.
    Sorry about your day on the lake.
    Looked like it obviously dropped a valve, but may have hydrolocked first. Make sure you check out the exhaust system before you put another motor in.
    Might save you from buying a second motor.
    Brian
    It made a noise, but sounding like the starter hitting the flywheel. I normally cruise about 4-4500 rpms, so 5,000 is probably close.
    Dan
    I'm bettin the noise was the valve hittin the piston, it looks very similar to the damage I was having.
    How old was the motor, did you have any bent push rods?

nielly
    That sucks, I hear TAPS in the background!!!!!

79centurion
    I appreciate the help Brian. I am not sure what all happened wither. The headgasket looked good with no visable spots of it leaking. The head and block dont have anything showing a head gasket problem. Motor was about a year old. No bent pushrods.

AZKC
    What type of valves are/were you running?

79centurion
    Stainless steel. The intake valve is the one the broke.
    Dan

pw_Tony
    OW!!!!! That just made me sick looking at those photos.... sorry to hear your bad ness, looks expensive

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast