Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BBC Flexplates

Hotcrusader76
    As some know already my high torque starter chewed some teeth on my flexplate at the CBBB. No worries...back to wrenching.
    My question is which flexplate to choose. I assumed to just get a stocker somewhere but everyone has been opinionated enough to recommend to me an SFI approved version. Some manufacturers claims increases in 60ft times and high RPM use stable, etc, etc.
    If you were replacing the flexplate on this BBC and going through the trouble to do it while it's in the boat which brand would you invest in?

[ August 11, 2003, 11:21 AM: Message edited by: Hotcrusader76 ]

Ty, I used the CSI flexplate. It is MUCH thicker than stock and about twice the weight. When my engine builder( a long time drag boat racer) saw my choice, he was very happy. It's a bit pricey, though.
    Make sure you properly shim your starter for correct gear engagement. That is the most common reason for flexplate/ringgear damage.

Hotcrusader76
    OldSquirt...
    Did you win something at the CBBB while I was gambling away at BlackJack Saturday night?

~Ty

Ty, that would have been tough. I wasn't at the event!

Hotcrusader76
    CSI it is then...
    Maybe that was OldRigger I am thinking of.
    Nonetheless...
    I was going back and forth with the CSI and Hayes versions. But for the difference of $10 it shouldn't matter.
    Thanks for the input though.

UBFJ #454
    You might want to check out Reactor Products ...
    Telephone: (310) 323-0065
    Ask for Olan, the owner and tell him Jak of BBR told you to call ... he will make you a good deal, AND, they stand behind their products.

UBFJ #454
    [ August 11, 2003, 01:42 PM: Message edited by: BEAR_454PE ]

BK
    No input on the topic, just wanted to say that motor looks sweeeeet! Nice job!

Hotcrusader76
    Well I did it. The flexplate is changed and I'm happy again. Wheew. and not to mention I had a female do a quality assurance inspection for me
    I ended up with a better than stock SFI flexplate, not CSI but nonetheless it'll work for now.
    Out with the old

and in with the new

Do it again because it's not shiney enough

wsuwrhr
    I am glad to see someone else runs Reactor Products. Olan is a good guy. I was going to suggest it, but I am second to say it, and I saw you already replaced it.
    Either way I run them in my cars, boats. I stand behind their function and quality.
    Brian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast