Thread: need help with 73 sleekcraft montery

73sleekraft
    well, my dad and i picked up our 1st jet, 73 sleek craft montery with a 455 BBO for 500 bucks. the last time the tags were renewed was 97'. for the last month i have been going threw everything and trying to get it ready for the 4th of july wkend. new place diverter cables and forward / reverse cables, and i also rebuilt the 750 Holley double pumper,(model 4779-2) that sits atop an edelbrock air gap intake.
    the only thing that scares me is a horrible screeching sound coming from the back corner. When we hook up water to it via a garden hose it runs great! However if it picks up water itself through the grate, it makes this horrible screech sound, as if it makes it on stroke with the motor? the sound is directly related to engine rpm. We backed the boat into a truck well that was filled with water and left it on the trailer.
    Anyways, the pump is a jacuzzi wj. Is there any where i can check for the oil level in the pump? or anyway i can flush the pump out and refill with new oil? i am hoping the sound is coming from the pump and not the motor.any help, comments would be great. i am looking forward to getting it out into the open water for the first time!

ruggs
    Your WJ does not have oil in it. You will find a grease zerk at the front of the pump at the yoke and one on the bowl. Don't forget to grease the u-joint......Good luck...........ruggs