Thread: Engine temps

Dominator Scott
    have a question for you guys.
    Since going from the original Torker460 intake to the Weiand tunnel ram my running temps have went from 160 degrees to 190 degrees when idling. I have installed a new temp sending unit but get the same results so I am baffled at this. Once underway she cools right down to 140-160 but when you come off plane the temp climbs back up to around 190. There is NO t-stat in the system and nothing else has been changed or altered.
    Just makes me a little nervous and I don't want anything happening to the motor.
    Any idea's or should I not worry about it?

Lightning
    I don't think 190 is toooo hot, anything over 210 and i'd start to worry. The morot is cooling down when running, I think you'll be alright.

Your Torker probably had 2 exit fittings off the intake, and it looks like your T ram has 1 fitting that you T'ed. If so, you've slowed the water circulating thru the block until you build more pump (block) pressure. If that's what happened, you can drill and tap another exit port and route it as it was originally, or else just live with the temp. I wouldn't sweat it personally.

Dominator Scott
    Your Torker probably had 2 exit fittings off the intake, and it looks like your T ram has 1 fitting that you T'ed. If so, you've slowed the water circulating thru the block until you build more pump (block) pressure. If that's what happened, you can drill and tap another exit port and route it as it was originally, or else just live with the temp. I wouldn't sweat it personally.
    You are right. The Torker had 2 exits on the front as to where the tunnel ram only has one. On the Torker one was used for the T-valve to the headers and the other was used for the dump line. On the tunnel ram I used the front fitting for the T-valve(just like on the Torker) But the dump line I plumbed into the thermostat block off plate which was my only option.
    Dad has the boat for the summer now so come fall when I pick it up I will drill and tap another fitting into the intake.
    Thanks guys.