Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: cops in parker this weekend...

Riverat84
    maybe Mr. BOATCOP could shed some light on this...was it just me? or did i seriously see 5 different sheriff boats on the strip this weekend? i just got back today...they were busting ppl left and right for alcohol and racing their blown jets also...its probably me but i saw more cops out there than ever before in the summer...personally, i didnt think it was a huge weekend..we stay at echolodge BTW...
    Reid

Hal
    Think he gave everyone warning before the week end.

Boatcop
    maybe Mr. BOATCOP could shed some light on this...was it just me? or did i seriously see 5 different sheriff boats on the strip this weekend? i just got back today...they were busting ppl left and right for alcohol and racing their blown jets also...its probably me but i saw more cops out there than ever before in the summer...personally, i didnt think it was a huge weekend..we stay at echolodge BTW...
    Reid
    There was an OUI saturation patrol on Saturday afternoon/evening. Game and Fish had 4 boats out and we had our usual 2. Instead of doing checkpoints at Marinas, like on Havasu, Mead, Mohave, Pleasant, etc., we employ the "Wolf-Pack" method of OUI interdiction.
    Check-Points are impractical in areas like the Strip, due to the number of launch ramps and lack of a central launch point. In operations like this we only stop with probable cause, not stopping everyone like check points. That way, people being safe and legal aren't inconvenienced.
    I wouldn't say we were busting people left and right. We arrested only 2 people for OUI. One was a .113% BAC and the other .178%. I can't speak for how many tickets G & F wrote, but we wrote about the same as any other Saturday.

NdaWind
    We were out at Buckskin Friday to Sunday and really didn't see a large number of patrol boats. We did see one towing the other once and maybe 3 or 4 other times and we were on the river most of our weekend. We looked a little harder after seeing the warning but thought maybe they had canceled. What ever and however they did it THANKS for a good time and keeping the place safe.

Riverat84
    There was an OUI saturation patrol on Saturday afternoon/evening. Game and Fish had 4 boats out and we had our usual 2. Instead of doing checkpoints at Marinas, like on Havasu, Mead, Mohave, Pleasant, etc., we employ the "Wolf-Pack" method of OUI interdiction.
    Check-Points are impractical in areas like the Strip, due to the number of launch ramps and lack of a central launch point. In operations like this we only stop with probable cause, not stopping everyone like check points. That way, people being safe and legal aren't inconvenienced.
    I wouldn't say we were busting people left and right. We arrested only 2 people for OUI. One was a .113% BAC and the other .178%. I can't speak for how many tickets G & F wrote, but we wrote about the same as any other Saturday.
    oh wow...yeah, thanx for the info Allen...yeah i saw a few ppl being stopped, but obviously wasnt sure who got cited and who didnt...sure was a fun weekend tho...where do u usually patrol? are you up and down the strip as well? just curious...thanx boatcop...
    Reid

Riverat84
    We were out at Buckskin Friday to Sunday and really didn't see a large number of patrol boats. We did see one towing the other once and maybe 3 or 4 other times and we were on the river most of our weekend. We looked a little harder after seeing the warning but thought maybe they had canceled. What ever and however they did it THANKS for a good time and keeping the place safe.
    yeah hey i was at buckskin getting pizza twice this weekend and shooting some pool at the restaraunt also...what's the deal with the guy that runs the place there? he seems like the manager of the bar/restaraunt...he always has a chip on his shoulder for some reason...comes off as a dick usually...anyone know him?

YeLLowBoaT
    I'm happy to know that your doing a good job keeping the water ways safe.

parker guy
    Ha boat cop
    What is up with the cop under the unbrella up buy the Dam in the brush?

Kindsvater Flat
    Ha boat cop
    What is up with the cop under the unbrella up buy the Dam in the brush?
    I would say Terrorist Watch or the other guys just don't like him.

BADBLOWN572
    How many tickets were for noise???

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast