Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Teenage Curfew?

halfhers
    i need advise from HB peeps.
    I'm not over protective just worry about my boys, durning school season it was 10 pm on school nights and 12:30am on weekends, now it's summer and they think it's ok to come home @ 12 am. they are 18/19.
    One just graduated high school and the other one's in college, but they still live under my roof and my rules. now it's 11:00 pm on weekdays and 12:30 pm weekends.
    i can't sleep until they are home, just making sure they are ok.
    is it me or times have change, when my dad said a certain we were home.
    they said i'm not being resonable to the new curfew, cause their friends could stay out later
    the question is am i fair or not resonable?????

LAFD
    your roof your rules. tell them to hit the road if they dont like it.

dunaholic
    The're adults, tell them they can get their own place and come home as late as they want.

gabe1
    Me personally I am keeping my daughters home till they are 30 yrs old 8pm. LOL If they are god kids no drugs, drunk driving or any other troubles, give them a chance.

Boatcop
    i need advise from HB peeps.
    I'm not over protective just worry about my boys, durning school season it was 10 pm on school nights and 12:30am on weekends, now it's summer and they think it's ok to come home @ 12 am. they are 18/19.
    One just graduated high school and the other one's in college, but they still live under my roof and my rules. now it's 11:00 pm on weekdays and 12:30 pm weekends.
    i can't sleep until they are home, just making sure they are ok.
    is it me or times have change, when my dad said a certain we were home.
    they said i'm not being resonable to the new curfew, cause their friends could stay out later
    the question is am i fair or not resonable?????
    Tell them to move in with their friends.
    Better yet. Tell them to get a job and pay rent.
    Or even better yet, tell them to get a job and move out period.

CarBizIndio
    Cut them off if they cant go by your rules.

pw_Tony
    If they're over 18 and they're not screwing up why enforce a cerfew on them?
    Long as they're not doing stupid things like drugs or alcohol it shouldn't be a worry. When I was under my fathers roof back in the day my cerfew was 11pm durin the week and 2am on the weekends. But once I turned 18(god thats a long time ago) I had no cerfew. If they're in school and have jobs it shouldnt be an issue if they're doing bad things late at night or not. Just cause they're stayin out at night doesn't mean either than they're doin bad stuff, they can just be hanging out with friends and what not. If they had work and school they probably wouldnt want to stay out too late if they had to get up in the morning. Being 19 with a cerfew is embrassing for them to their friends. Not that that matters. But if they're good kids there really is no difference between 12:00am and 4:00, they're just numbers...

halfhers
    Tell them to move in with their friends.
    Better yet. Tell them to get a job and pay rent.
    Or even better yet, tell them to get a job and move out period.
    that's what i told them, mom's in the way, now i'm the bad guy, they are good kids but give them an inch they will take a mile.
    the middle child is who i worry about, he's the leader among my kids.....:devil:

Cigalert
    I'm 31 so I think I remember "those" days being a little more recent than some of you I got the kidneys kicked out of me if I didn't do what I was told that includes curfew. I owned my own car detailing company from 16-19, I had 40 monthly customers and I gave money to my mom all the time for anything she needed....but I still followed her rules.
    A lot of my friends didn't have any curfews and I tried pulling that same crap of "but they can do it ....wahhh". I ended up moving out when I was 19 (Thanks mattman!) I wouldn't worry about being viewed as "the bad guy" if you're kids can't listen boot them in the dome. I couldn't see it before when I was pissin and moaning but now with a little one on the way I completely agree with how I was raised.
    On a different note if they're not raising hell, driving through peoples lawns, stealing grocery carts and knocking down homeless people I say cut them a little slack on the weekends. I was able to stay out till 2 on the weekends.

halfhers
    I'm 31 so I think I remember "those" days being a little more recent than some of you I got the kidneys kicked out of me if I didn't do what I was told that includes curfew. I owned my own car detailing company from 16-19, I had 40 monthly customers and I gave money to my mom all the time for anything she needed....but I still followed her rules.
    A lot of my friends didn't have any curfews and I tried pulling that same crap of "but they can do it ....wahhh". I ended up moving out when I was 19 (Thanks mattman!) I wouldn't worry about being viewed as "the bad guy" if you're kids can't listen boot them in the dome. I couldn't see it before when I was pissin and moaning but now with a little one on the way I completely agree with how I was raised.
    On a different note if they're not raising hell, driving through peoples lawns, stealing grocery carts and knocking down homeless people I say cut them a little slack on the weekends. I was able to stay out till 2 on the weekends.
    it's true kids don't see it that way we are always not kool enough for them also not flexible and what other kids are doing, i hope they realize it how you did. maybe for now i'll stick with my guns and flex alittle after awhile (way after)
    thanx for your inputs

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast