Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: WTF! $50 boat parking ticket

Singleton
    Go to the following link to review Carlsbad Muni Codes
    http://www.carlsbadca.gov/chall/ccodes.html
    Also, to fight the ticket you need to do the following:
    Link (http://www.carlsbadca.gov/pdfdoc.html?pid=387) or read below.
    If you wish to contest your parking citation, a request must be made to the Finance Department for a parking citation review within 21 days of issuance of the parking citation or within 14 days of the mailing of the notice of delinquency. The request for a "Parking Citation Request for Review" may be made by telephone, in writing, or in person to:
    Finance Department
    City of Carlsbad
    1635 Faraday Avenue
    Carlsbad, CA 92008
    (760) 602-2490
    A completed form, along with the original parking citation, must be returned to the City's Finance Department. The Traffic Officer in the Carlsbad Police Department will review the citation, the issuing officer's statement of facts and your statement to determine if the citation is valid. If the citation is determined to be invalid, a letter will be sent to you and the citation will be dismissed. If the citation is determined to be valid, you will be notified by mail. You will then have two options: a) to pay the citation immediately or b) request an administration hearing no later than 21 days following the mailing of the results of the review. Failure to comply in a timely manner with this requirement will result in waiver of your right to further review of the citation. If you request an administrative hearing, you must deposit funds in the amount equal to the value of the citation including any penalties. The request for a hearing using a "Request for Neutral Examination of Parking Citation" form can be made by telephone, in writing, or in person to the Finance Department.
    If the administrative hearing determines the citation is valid, and you still wish to contest the citation, you may do so by requesting a court hearing (De Nova) in civil court and depositing a twenty-five ($25.00) fee. Your request to the court must be made within 30 days of the mailing of the hearing examiner's decision. The court hearing will consist of a review of the facts presented at the administrative hearing. No new evidence can be submitted at the court hearing.

Singleton
    Tired of work Today.
    10.40.151 Parking prohibited of unattached trailers or semi-trailers.
    No person shall park an unattached trailer or semi-trailer upon any street or public place except for the purpose of loading or unloading. (Ord. NS-261 ยง 1, 1993)
    You were loading, so you should be able to fight ticket.

CBadDad
    I wonder if it is worth it to give it a shot. Looks like they might have changed the verbage, because my ticket is marked "unattached trailer or semi trailer".

Throttle
    That's exactly how I left mine, in front of my house, not bothering anyone else. I worried that someone might come along and steal it, never imagined I'd get a ticket.
    Stupid BS! I'll just go write the check now so I don't forget. Next time I'll leave it hooked up to my truck and ride my bike to work.
    i'd leave my golf cart hooked up to it... do you want to borrow it?

Singleton
    I wonder if it is worth it to give it a shot. Looks like they might have changed the verbage, because my ticket is marked "unattached trailer or semi trailer".
    No harm in fighting it. If they state it is valid, you pay the fine later down the road.

CBadDad
    i'd leave my golf cart hooked up to it... do you want to borrow it?
    They'd probably give me a ticket for it not being a licensed street vehicle.

CBadDad
    No harm in fighting it. If they state it is valid, you pay the fine later down the road.
    True. Why give the city any more of my money if I can put it off.

CBadDad
    Damn, I'm almost at a thousand post.

little rowe boat
    Ya, like when I get home late on Monday night I will park my rig in front of their house and ride my motorcycle to work on Tuesday. If they think it is bad in front of my house, lets see how they like it when it is front of theirs. :devil:
    Maybe I'll leave until Friday. Assholes...
    I think I would walk over and ask her before making her life miserable.

CBadDad
    Check me out...I'm hijacking my own thread.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast