Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Okmulgee Lake Bash '07 . . .Who's coming ???

DUECE'SDAD
    campin at red oak . . . prolly hang out at the first area its small enuf lake that you can drive the hole thing and see everyone.

DUECE'SDAD
    Nothing but good news !!!! Finnally got the t-shirt artwork to the printer today. . . and talked to the lake patrol and Red Oak camp directors (which turned out to be my cousins) to warn them that we are coming. . . That went well also. They said come on down have a good time like last year just bring the baffles !!! I metioned that last year there were some minor speed contests and there may as well be some this year and they were nothing but smiles !!!
    There were 3-4 of the wakeboard boats out yesterday for a while but they seemed to be very cool and considerate and i made sure that the back of the lake was still NO SKI so you we can tie up back there or make speed runs with out looking for skiers !!!!
    Seems like the smoker is in place for saturday evening's festivities and there has already been enuf meat (ribs, chicken, brisket, hams, hotlinks, etc.) purchased for the event however there was big $$$ invested so you may look for a donation bucket at the door and i think $5 would be plenty. It also sounds like we will be pulling the smaller smoker down by the water for lunch on saturday . . . we will run up and get some dogs and burgers to throw on the grille for lunch and this will be eat till its gone !!!
    Sounds like nothing but good times and i have had a few calls of people looking for last minute nitrous, carbs, and other go fast parts so there my be some stiff competition or at least some quick passes during the day and especcially saturday at sunset !!! Or at least thats what i wanna see !!!

DUECE'SDAD
    Oh yeah camping at red oak the 3rd camp $16 a night and please pm me if you want a spot so i can reserve today b/c it may fill up with this being one of the only lakes around with normal water level and now debris. . . red oak was full last weekend

bawright
    Hey Dustin I need another t-shirt 3X.
    Sound like every thing is going good. See you all this weekend.

DUECE'SDAD
    Alrighty, just ordered all the shirts, not sure if i got too many or not enuf !!!
    At this time there was not enuf intersted in the tank tops, but if this weekend we get atleast 50 spoken for we can do them.
    Here is what i ordered
    8 youth small printed on the front
    All these feature small logo on the front left and large image on back
    5 small
    10 med
    20 large
    15 xlarge
    10 2x
    10 3x
    Whatcha think ???

vigilante07
    heeeeeey dont forget that painted by BARNEY sticker LOL....

ONAROLL
    one XL and one XXL...........Vic

DUECE'SDAD
    Little more info for you guys coming in from outta town . . .
    Okmulgee has a Beast Western for those of you that need a room and its about 10 miles from the lake and there is a mexican resturant and bar in it.
    There is a cool little cafe that you will pass coming to the lake called Boomerang diner that has breakfast for those of you that wanna go to town and eat. . .
    There is also a walmart and hardware store there in town along with a couple liquour stores at the intersectioin of hwy 75 and 6th street where you turn to go to the lake.
    The camp area we will stay in has ice bags for 1.25 so bring plenty of bevage and an ice chest and you wont have to drive back to town !!!
    For my directions take hwy 75 to 6th street (there is a stop light and DQ) turn west, go to the T (about 3 miles thru downtown and STOP at all the lights!!!) turn right (north) for a very short jaunt to the store and turn west (left) on to 56 or (which i think says lake road ??) and follow that for about 6 miles and you will see the park opening. . . once you enter the park you will curve up a hill and see the first ramp/swimming area and there should be some people already hangin out . . .
    My number is 918 671 6158 cell and 827 2692 home

DUECE'SDAD
    heeeeeey dont forget that painted by BARNEY sticker LOL....
    Are you knuckle heads really gonna show ???? What boats you bringing that run and how long you gonna stay ??? You will have a good time 1!!

kcvega
    Exactly how big/deep is this lake?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast