Thread: More Droop??

mnjettr
    my brother has a 19" eliminator (stock)454/berkley JC, I have a 19" charger mild built 454 with a dominator w/droop. Hulls look identical to each other,I turn 4300 rpm at 57mph he turns 65mph at 4700rpm both have A impellers and both checked with (GPS) just doesnt seem right, I want to try a run without the droop. I need a stock coupler, anyone got one to sell or borrow to try? or am I barking up the wrong tree? I hate having my little brother beat me!!!!

SmokinLowriderSS
    my brother has a 19" eliminator (stock)454/berkley JC, I have a 19" charger mild built 454 with a dominator w/droop. Hulls look identical to each other,I turn 4300 rpm at 57mph he turns 65mph at 4700rpm both have A impellers and both checked with (GPS) just doesnt seem right, I want to try a run without the droop. I need a stock coupler, anyone got one to sell or borrow to try? or am I barking up the wrong tree? I hate having my little brother beat me!!!!
    You are making 311 HP, your brother is making just a hair shy of 330HP.
    According to JP Calc, your 57mph boat would do 65.4mph with another 400RPM/90HP, or a 1 1/2 size impeller cut.
    Thus, your hulls have virtually identical drag coeficients, you are just short on HP.
    Slap a 150HP nitrous plate system on there and beat him.
    Or cut the impeller to a BC, to get 4700+ RPM, and 66MPH from it.
    Your impeller is bigger than his, and is holding you below your power peak.
    Yes, you are barking up the wrong tree IMO.

Pops@Aggressor
    Who's "A" Impeller-there is 400 R's Diff in some, also is he running free and you are still glued to the water. 8 MPH on stock applications takes free set up to get there. Is your bottom good Charger is a older hull and you may have hooks in the bottom. Berkeley is a little better flowing, when your apples and apples you should be close. His RPM on a Berk "A" makes it close to stock so I doubt he has snookered you on the motor. Big Bro you just need to look at all. I will bet you will find a hook or several. The 4300 looks low unless you have a Agg. "A" in there on the motor performance. Big Block Agg. "A" 4250 to 4300 + 400 on all others. If it is Agg. you can still cut as mentioned above to a "B" and out hole shot the other "A" and gain your 400 Rs. If not you might find it a little sluggish for all around use. Chargers have a some what thin bottom and I still think you have concave hook's sucking you down. If so your motor will also respond to the extra lug going on also. Good Luck.