Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Desert Thunder Marine

out of bounds
    Who knows anything about desert thunder marine?? Do they build a good boat? What is the skinny on them??

Havasu_Dreamin
    If I remember correctly they are somehow related/affiliated with Cheetah.....

stoker22405
    If I remember correctly they are somehow related/affiliated with Cheetah.....
    Its Cheetah Bobs son...

out of bounds
    Are they still around??

Ion
    Its Cheetah Bobs son...
    Step-son and he has not been involved with them for several months now. Bob's wife has been running the place since then. Their most popular boat is laid up by Lynch and is the same 25 v-hull that Genesis, Laser, et.al use. Decent boat for the money. Don't quote me, but I think a standard 496 package goes for somewhere in the $40's.

Ion
    Are they still around??
    I last lettered a boat there a couple months ago.

dicudmore
    Are they still around??
    yes, they are in Havasu next door to Lakeland...

dicudmore
    Step-son and he has not been involved with them for several months now. Bob's wife has been running the place since then. Their most popular boat is laid up by Lynch and is the same 25 v-hull that Genesis, Laser, et.al use. Decent boat for the money. Don't quote me, but I think a standard 496 package goes for somewhere in the $40's.
    what Don said...they are a decent boat for the money
    http://www.dtmb.biz/

out of bounds
    Thanks guys. So lynch dose the lay up that is a plus.dosen't he do some of the other layups for builders in Hava as well? Then dose Bob @ Cheeta do the rigging then? That web site is pretty cool thanks and seems to be priced well what is the down fall if any.

pixilatedpussy
    Dont know much about their boats....but we will NEVER EVER bring our boat back to them for service! They replaced our motor ( under warranty) f'd up my ski & my husbands....took 2years to finally get the money refunded for replacement ( that they of course got from Mercruiser...long story) then when we picked it up & launched her.....NO OIL IN THE FREAKIN MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!! Horrible!!! Not to mention when we had Snakewrench do a tune up on our boat ( because we had an exhaust leak) this past winter....he said they had put all kinds off bolts & crap that didnt even fit or match....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast