Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how much does it weigh

victorfb
    cant seem to find a site on weights between a BBC and SBC. anyone know?

wsuwrhr
    cant seem to find a site on weights between a BBC and SBC. anyone know?
    I know a BBC is 100lbs heaver than a SBC.
    I'll work on that

victorfb
    thanks Brian. i knew the differance was around 100# but wasnt sure. still trying to decide which engine will go in the 24' pontoon with a berk jet. ya i know, but i like doing weird stuff like this.

wsuwrhr
    thanks Brian. i knew the differance was around 100# but wasnt sure. still trying to decide which engine will go in the 24' pontoon with a berk jet. ya i know, but i like doing weird stuff like this.
    Jet?
    Big block for sure.
    No question
    Nothing wrong with being different.

SmokinLowriderSS
    The small block is aprox 575 pounds running.
    It's big brother is 685 pounds all up & running.
    A bunch of others here: Engine weights (http://www.team.net/sol/tech/engine.html)
    A few more.
    Mopar street hemi, 765 pounds.
    1931 Caddy V-16, 1300 pounds.:jawdrop:

victorfb
    perfect, thanks guys. looks like a BBC would be basically like having one more person on the boat. i can live with throwing someone off to have the torque of a big block.

pw_Tony
    Where do you run the Jet pontoon? I saw one for the first time at Martinez and asked about them... I guess they take ALOT of gas to go play on

victorfb
    it hasnt been ran yet. still in the building process. hence the question on which engine to run. i would imagine the fuel consumption will be pretty high, but the savings will come in tune and repair costs. outboards and outdrives are so darn costly in up keep and repair. besides, i dont really plan on cruising it much. get it to its destination, sit for the day, then back. and of course, i just want to try something differant. how did the one you saw work? how big of a pontoon was it?

pw_Tony
    It looked like a 22' pontoon or so, very weird lookin. The berk had a droop snout on it, have no idea if that would make it better. And the Berk looked like it was "set-back", again it was all custom so I'm just guessing. The reall cool part was there were headers coming out of two holes out the back of the aluminum transom. They looked like OT headers made to fit the pontoon. But too be honest when tried to go he was gassin it and it wasn't moving very well, but then again different boat yah know.

victorfb
    cool, thanks. yea im sure it didnt take off like a bat out of hell thats for sure. really im not looking to out perform an outdrive or an outboard, just as long as i can get maybe 20-25mph out of it. and of course throw a cool rooster tail for the show. i basically have all the parts needed for the project except for some log exhaust and some more aluminum sheet for the center pod/sponson to house the engine and drive. if it all turns out to be a waste of time, thats all it will be. i can allways put the 100hp mariner outboard on it and call it done. :shift:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast