Thread: Fuel pressure regulator ?

Taylorman
    Bypass regulator, Holley Dominator carb. Does it matter if you put the regulator before the fuel enters the carb on the fuel inlet or at the end of the fuel inlet after the fuel goes in the carb? Im replumbing my fuel system with a new electric fuel pump. I had the regulator at the end of the fuel inlet afters the carb. Because im mounting my fuel pump in the rear, it will be much easier and a cleaner install if i put the regulator between the pump and carb.

victorfb
    not sure what you mean by regulating the fuel AFTER it enters the carb. but yes definatly have the regulater before and as close to the fuel inlet as possible. if running duel tanks and at the same time, make sure you run equal length line from each tank to the pump. i ran one short and one long and it drew fuel from one tank faster than the other. same with the return line/s. run two returns, one to each tank. alot of plumbing yes, but it works the best.

Taylorman
    Fuel enters the fuel inlet and the regulator is attached to the other end of the fuel inlet. Does it matter if the regulator is before or after the carb. I think its better to plumb it after but it would be a much cleaner install if i put it before the carb.
    http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...t/DCP_5520.jpg

Ralph Brunt
    i run mine as close to the carb as possible, please excuse my dads nose pikking
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...me_out_007.jpg

Unchained
    I'd say the way you have it is the best way to go.
    If you're concerned about it put a gauge on one of those extra ports on the Aeromotive regulator and see how steady the pressure is while running.

River Rat 005
    Doesn't the regulator have to be a by pass one to put it after the carb? I tried a holley regulator after the carb and couldn't get the pressure above 3 lbs. above an idle.

victorfb
    the way rwyyattb has his is the way you want it. install the regulator before the carb inlet. the way you have it in the pic, you are basically regulating the return fuel.

victorfb
    Fuel enters the fuel inlet and the regulator is attached to the other end of the fuel inlet. Does it matter if the regulator is before or after the carb. I think its better to plumb it after but it would be a much cleaner install if i put it before the carb.
    http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...t/DCP_5520.jpg
    after looking closer at this pic. you allready have the mounting plate and a good regulator. if im not mistaken that regulator has two outlets. i would mount it in the center, fuel supply to inlet, one side outlet to one bowl, and the second side outlet to the other bowl. this puts the regulator at its closest point to the carb which will give you the most accurate performance/ reading. also try not to use 90 bend fittings, sweep bends work alot better.

victorfb
    rwyyattb. i think dad is just trying to wipe the tears after seeing what his boy built. looks good man.