Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best 6.5" round speaker?

DRJZ1974
    I want to replace the 6.5" arch speakers on my 38' Regal cruiser boat. What is the best marine speaker to replace these with? I am definitely willing to spend the extra money for the best set. I also have a pair of Infinity 6000m speakers that are going to be mounted on the front of the bow from the lower railing. I am having an amp installed too to help drive them.

Magic34
    My last boat (34' cat) I ran 6.5" coax Focal speakers. They were awesome and I had tot tow the boat through some storms without the cover, no damage to the speakers, although i did have billet speaker covers with screens, but they still got wet sometimes.
    My new boat is a 370SS Formula and I am installing only 3 pairs in this boat and putting about 800 watts to them. In my cat I had 4 pairs and for the cruiser, 3 pairs is more than enough for a very loud and CLEAR sound. The 4 pairs of Focal were louder and more clear than 6 pairs of MB Quart with more power.
    I am running the Focal without question, as it is one of the best I have ever owned, and I have tried a ton of different stuff (MB Quart, Rockford, JL, Diamond).

Partycattin
    I've had better luck with speakers that have Poly(plastic) as the woofer material versus paper. The paper seems to get brittle quick in the heat and with a little power, they end up tearing. Infinity makes a lot of Poly speakers. They usually hold up well and sound good.

rivercrazy
    I have a mix of Infinity and JBL speakers in my boat. They are not too bright. Just accurate and very well balanced.
    Personally, I've demo'd and heard a lot of speakers out there. Personally, I like the JBL C608GTi's the best. Very accurate, more mid bass than any 6.5" speaker I've ever heard, and very detailed smooth and accurate highs. And they take a crap load of power. 150watts RMS!

707dog
    i personaly like and run KICKER in my boat and truck never gave me any probs and are really clear!!

rivercrazy
    You must have the only pair of Infinity speakers ever made that are not too bright.
    I invite you to hear my system sometime. Not the loudest on the river but very very clean. Runner up in a Shockwave regatta and top 3 in one of the OP6 events

rivercrazy
    It would be nice to meet you. Hopefully we will make it down to Parker sometime before the end of the season, maybe for the weekend of 9/21

Mr. Naudio
    I invite you to hear my system sometime. Not the loudest on the river but very very clean. Runner up in a Shockwave regatta and top 3 in one of the OP6 events
    I think the guy that won in 2006 has got Focal
    the Diamond D9s have some good midbass as well and BAs and well the best ones out there by far and away are whatever ones that sound the way you like they are all a little different.IMO

thmper321
    Opinions are like a** holes, everyboday has one. All the above mentioned spekers are good for boats. It all depends on what you want to spend. I do recommend metal dome tweeters in a boat because of it being an open environment and because of that low and high frequencies suffer greatly. Soft dome tweeters tend to be more accurate but can't play as high in the frequency range as a metal dome.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    My last boat (34' cat) I ran 6.5" coax Focal speakers. They were awesome and I had tot tow the boat through some storms without the cover, no damage to the speakers, although i did have billet speaker covers with screens, but they still got wet sometimes.).
    Focal are kick ass!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast