Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Grocery strike

phebus
    I can't believe So Cal is looking at another potential grocery strike. The last one seemed some harmfull to both sides. I can't believe negotiators can't work it out.

32sunrkt
    Unions have out lived much if not all of their initial or intened purpose(s). They are stiffling to business' and their shareholders. They are also bad for the ecomomy ( local, national & internation in total ). We all have so opportunity in this country of ours now a days... If you do not like where you are currently working you can go elsewhere on free will alone. Forget about the employee's, look what unions do to earnings, consumers or end users.
    Another great example of unions and their greatness that we as consumers have to deal with :
    Have ya'll flown lately ?? ..... have ya seen these wrinkled, cabin pickled, old , fat cow Stewardess' that squeeze
    their fat asses' up & down the isle ozzzing their contemp for HAVING A JOB AND BEING EMPLOYED and hiding behind a union and senority...??
    ** These "senior" gals should be put out to pasture for god sake... When first employed, they should be foced to to sign a two year contract and have to wiegh in like dancers in Vegas ( for fitness in case of an emergency of course ) ... Have ya ever flown VIGIN or Singapore Airlines.... WOWEE !

GHT
    I remember when all the big grocery stores in Dallas were Union. All of them eventually went down and I believe there are no union stores as this time.
    The unions sure could ruin a wet dream.. Greed gets the best of them and DOWN they go.

THOR
    Unions are great in some aspects, but these guys in the grocery stores are a joke. I would see them in the local bar drinking it up while they should be striking. Who really gives a crap about these guys is they really dont care enough about their own jobs.

Cigalert
    The last time they had a strike I was on crutches for a very long time. The strikers would bitch at me as I'm crutching my happy ass across the line. Once they asked "why can't you just go somewhere else and shop"....I basically snapped and shouted something pretty similar to "hey fuktard, look at me...does it look like I'm in the mood to go prancing around town trying to help you out, plus, the last time I was in here you decided to let some cougar with big cans cut in front of me and now I'm supposed to be your buddy....F**K YOU!!!"
    If you don't like your job or they way you're being treated FIND A NEW JOB! Teacher's Unions, Police Officers Unions that's all good. You took the time you learn a profession. Scanning cans of campbell's and cleaning up the shitter after the butcher tossed a rod is not a profession.

Baja Big Dog
    Be sure to keep these stores in mind when you shop when the strike begins. Support these stores and give them your business.
    $20 an hour to scan prices, the hardest part of the job was remembering the codes for produce, now most of them have those irritating little stickers on them with the code numbers. And most have a shitty attitude because they would rather be at home. I always use the self checkout.

Danhercules
    There were some great beer and steak prices last time. Time to stock up again!
    If ya want more money or better bennis, get a better job. If you cant, get edumicated.

JB in so cal
    The workers aren't looking at the big picture.
    40 hours/week @ $17.90 hr.
    $716 week before taxes.
    If the strike lasts 8 weeks - half the time of the last one - $5728 in lost wages.
    Assume this results in a 5% bump or $35.50 per week increase.....
    It would only take 161 weeks or over 3 years to recoup:idea: :sqeyes:

Baja Big Dog
    The workers aren't looking at the big picture.
    40 hours/week @ $17.90 hr.
    $716 week before taxes.
    If the strike lasts 8 weeks - half the time of the last one - $5728 in lost wages.
    Assume this results in a 5% bump or $35.50 per week increase.....
    It would only take 161 weeks or over 3 years to recoup:idea: :sqeyes:
    Good math, but you know they will use the "Benifits" card to justify the strike....not the money, so I say, take away the wages for the new employees and use it for the bennies!!!
    But we want to keep the check out folks happy, dont want them to double scan your stuff!!!

Partycattin
    I just don't feel for them.
    Target = Minimum wage to scan items. Grocery = $15 - 20/hour. I guess there's a higher skill set with scanning cereal.
    I heard a guy on the news this morning. He worked for the store and was upset that he would not reach the top of his salary range for 5 years. Welcome to corporate world. Most big companies get you at at a low ball range, give you some decent raises to get you to the industry average, and then put you on a snails pace to actually "max" out in the pay scale.
    I agree with the prior post, if you don't like it find something else.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast