Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Good News from Irvine Lake!

cyclone
    Alex,
    Can I take Excuses for $500 please.
    I wasn't there either, but that shit wasn't right, no matter WHO was in attendance.
    never said it was right. but to blame it on jet boats is pretty silly dude.

cyclone
    As sad as it may seem to "profile" one group or another, "If the shoe fits, wear it."
    Most V-drivers are 30-60 years old, have families, have real responsibilites, real careers, and own or run businesses.
    People with shit to loose.
    And it shows.
    Just look at Santa and Billy showing off the fellow boating love....
    Brian
    you can't be serious. brian i know you're smarter than that. saying vdrivers are older, wiser or have more $$ to lose than a guy driving a jet boat is ludicrous. i gurantee i've got just as much to lose as the next guy.
    experience and judgement behind the wheel of any kind of boat has nothing to do with money or age.

wsuwrhr
    YOU, CS AND TODD are three guys. Three. Three.
    you can't be serious. brian i know you're smarter than that. saying vdrivers are older, wiser or have more $$ to lose than a guy driving a jet boat is ludicrous. i gurantee i've got just as much to lose as the next guy.
    experience and judgement behind the wheel of any kind of boat has nothing to do with money or age.

wsuwrhr
    Brian, I think you have jet boats mixed up with jet skis!
    BTW when you gonna get either one of yours out, i need a ride! lol
    Todd
    You need a ride?
    You are welcome to, as soon as I get one of mine running.
    Don't you own two as well?
    Brian

superdave013
    My hat is off to the guys that step up and covered the lakes losses. I know young guys sometimes don't have sound judgement while intoxicated and with group pressure do foolsih things. Stepping up and covering the cost was not only the right thing to do but it makes a statement for for those guys.
    By the way the KING OF IRVINE LAKE does not know how to fish, But he knows what beer taste like.:devil:
    Jim Wilkes
    Wilkes MArine
    Well before you did say you knew who it was.
    So..... nothing like getting caught to make you do the right thing. lol
    I got caught cheeting on a girlfriend once. Said I'm sorry. She said sorry for what? Cheeting on me or sorry that you got caught doing it?? :idea: Humm, I think I was sorry I got caught
    Anyway I hope they learn from it. And yes I can relate to not so sound judgement. Part of growing up I guess.

MKEELINE
    I guess some people believe that the only crime is getting caught. Now, if the shitbrick that took repo mans EZ UP would step up and return it all would be right with the world.

i was too busy having fun on the water to see any of that launch ramp drama. besides, that particular event had both jets and vdrives. culture class maybe?
    Naw, couldn't be that. I don't remember any v-drives making it to the ramp.....

cyclone
    LOL. there was at least one out there mopping up the river with jet boats.

YOU, CS AND TODD are three guys. Three. Three.
    I'm within the 30-60 range and run my own business & like both v-drives and jets, but the fact of the matter is ... Irvine lake is allowing a lot faster boats out on the water than jets.
    I would like to see a NJBA summer picnic at Irvine lake, no racing ... more like the v-drive regatta ... but for NJBA members.
    I haven't contacted anyone about this, this is just an Idea that Harold Bruce Jr. and I spoke about at our last race as a passing comment to try to raise money to upgrade some of NJBA's equipment.
    The down side is that Dave has said that no jets would be allowed at Irvine Lake ... so the faster are allowed while the slower (and possibly more safe) boats are turned away? So, I haven't even approached them or NJBA board members about it.
    Before anyone flames on me ... I have owned both, a really fast jet and a REALLY fast v-drive ... I just think that the "grouping" of all jets as being "bad" is plain ignorant.
    My .02 ...
    Glad that Irvine Lake is at least allowing some Hot Boats back on it ... be it v-drive, jet, wacker or whatever ... at least someone is getting to use the water! Props to Dave for making that happen (now lets work on the jets )

fc-pilot
    Well before you did say you knew who it was.
    So..... nothing like getting caught to make you do the right thing. lol
    I got caught cheeting on a girlfriend once. Said I'm sorry. She said sorry for what? Cheeting on me or sorry that you got caught doing it?? :idea: Humm, I think I was sorry I got caught
    Anyway I hope they learn from it. And yes I can relate to not so sound judgement. Part of growing up I guess.
    I don't think we have to make big mistakes as a right of passage for growing up. Using youth as an excuse is a poor way out of facing the fact that we did something stupid. (I do recognize that you are not saying it is OK for people to do things like this just because of their age). There is just no excuse for this kind of foolish stuff. I don't care if these morons were DRUNK, in my eyes that makes it even worse. I am just glad that there were people aware of what happend and were bold enough to put these guys on the spot and make them fix what was done. My thanks goes out to those guys.
    Paul

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast