Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jesel Belt Drive?

widowmaker
    Anyone ever use a belt drive on a Gen VI motor? I've heard that you have to do some grinding on the block to get them to fit correctly?

widowmaker
    nobody? how about used one on a chevy in general?

HONDOG
    Had 1 on my gen IV Bowtie block for about 15 years. Back then Jesel was the only belt drive available.

Jerrys59
    I have one on a gen IV Bowtie

widowmaker
    Had 1 on my gen IV Bowtie block for about 15 years. Back then Jesel was the only belt drive available.
    I have one on a gen IV Bowtie
    And??? would you say love them or hate them.
    was there much grinding on the block to make them fit, or was it a bolt on deal?

VAMI
    I Have Used Alot Of Them. The Cover Should Be Cut To Fit The Ends Of The Oil Galley But The Pipe Plugs Sometimes Hit The Cover And Need To Be Thin Down.dart Blocks Are The Worst Those Plugs Need To Be Cut Flush. .008-.010 Camshaft End Play They Are Worth The Money

fc-pilot
    I have had to do some grinding on the Jesels before. I prefer the Comp belt drive (just my personal preference) and have never needed to grind on one of them. In all fairness, I have not used any of the most recent jesel belts in the last year of two so they may have made some improvements.
    Paul

Jerrys59
    Sure do like mine. Had to replace the belt a year ago. Started to frey. been on a few motors so it was pretty old.

Warp Speed
    Haven't used many on big blocks, but have worked a ton with them over the past 15 years on small blocks. The only problem with the current Jesel design, is it is pretty easy to over load the belt (High spring pressures, valve train flooding ect...). This doesn't seem to show up except when subjected to long runs in endurance applications. I believe the current belts used are only good to about 24-25hp of load (28mm belt). Just watch when running high spring loads for long periods. This and heat are the 2 biggest enemies. Due to the heat problem (from both engine heat and load) try not to use a system that has an idler wheel. This wheel creates heat, and greatly shortens life in endurance applications.
    CV product has the best, state of the art system. This system has been developed working with top Nextel Cup teams over the past couple of years to address's the above issues, and are the nicest units on the market today as far as endurance applications with high loading.
    Just a little over all info on modern belt drive systems . As I said before, I haven't ran many on big blocks (although the above information applies to all engines) so I can't help with alot of any fitment specifics.
    My cent and a halves worth
    Warp Speed

fc-pilot
    From what I here those CV units are really nice, I just wish I could afford them.
    Paul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast