Thread: Shop air hose ??? Whats the best ???

DUECE'SDAD
    For those of you that have auto/ boat shop or any general work that uses air compressors and hoses, what is the best 50ft-100ft hoses you have found ??? I am tired of buying this junk. . . About a year ago a salesdick called and was trying to sell me some military grade black nylon spider lock hoses or something. . . I passed but those sound pretty good about right now !!! Also what brand couplings hold up the best for air tools.
    Nothing like leaking hoses and couplings. . .

YeLLowBoaT
    on hoses... the thicker the wall the better( on my job site compressor I actaully have solvent resisten airless hose, its rated up to 4700 PSI)... as far as couplings, the best I have found are the bulk ones at "The Air tool store"( thats its real name...) not sure on brand, but they are the only ones I have had last for longer year or so.

old flat
    Poly-vinyl coated rubber hose, Gates or Goodyear sells em. With standard 1/4 inch milton couplers. Old school, works good for me
    STEVE

Dream Chaser
    Parker Push-lok
    http://www.parker.com/hpd/literature/pdf/4281_b1.pdf
    it's a top quality hose you can get it at your local "Parker Store"
    http://www.parker.com/ead/cm1.asp?cmid=683

Baja Big Dog
    Amflo couplers, make sure use the ones that none of your buddies use so they bitch everytime they want to borrow something!!!
    Goodyear hose....but it depends on the enviorment they are used in, we use Goodyear on all our suervice trucks on reels with little or no hose related issues.