Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: where is that placecraft?

Was it red? lol
    I've always wanted a PC
    Yeah it was a red blur. My mouth just dropped when the injector hat doors went flat.

bp
    well its like you said bp .. with the proper set up boat like yours and awsome toy ,you can see things work the correct way ...but that takes alot of set up time and effort .. going to the races really helps on getting info and questions answered ... the frist time i went to the races with the 609 and watched bandys hallett run 96 my jaw dropped .. so the proof is in the pudding i guess ... i just keep missing the chance to go to the races and learn more ...
    mirror, the only thing that takes time and effort is education and knowledge absorption. watching a boat run is one thing; understanding what it did, and why it did it at every part of the course, and being able to communicate that either verbally or in notes is something else. then evaluating every piece of information available to determine what, if anything, can be improved is another step. learning with a group that is pushing the envelope to set and reset records was invaluable, and those records still haven't been broken.
    a friend of mine took an engine that had been in a record setting boat, installed it in another hull of a different design that weighed less. he almost got within 6 tenths of the record holder, never even came close, but he did go fast. it's all about setup, understanding what you're seeing, and adjusting accordingly. massive power doesn't automatically translate to record setter, or "fastest".

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678