Thread: We're almost gone

We'll be on the river around the pipeline north of Harry's this weekend and next, so if you see the Circus boat during the day, or the Stevens in the late afternoon (when the river calms down), come on over for a beverage and say hi!
    http://www.vintagerodcomponents.com/boat/rig.jpg

We'll be on the river around the pipeline north of Harry's this weekend and next, so if you see the Circus boat during the day, or the Stevens in the late afternoon (when the river calms down), come on over for a beverage and say hi!
    http://www.vintagerodcomponents.com/boat/rig.jpg
    I am sure Dave and I will come by and have a 30 pack or so with you next weekend.

OK, now you're statement wasn't very clear. Are you coming by to DRINK a 30 pack, or are you BRINGING a 30 pack to drink?
    It was nice and warm out this weekend. 111 on Saturday, and 116 yesterday. Took the Advantage out Saturday and relaxed in the back bay, and took the Stevens out yesterday to Big Bend.
    Tried out the ramp loader Vic loaned me and that with a couple changes helped. With 4 people in the boat, it unloads... period. I think it may be that 2 in the back lift the bow too much. I took it out solo and then with 1 passenger and it flat hauls. No unloading (except in chop) and runs around 45-4700 rpm. It's a different feeling.... the bow doesn't come up at all. When you nail it, it just goes immediately on plane and accelerates. On shutdown, there's no ill handling, but turning is impossible unless you jump on it again and crank the wheel. It takes a little practice crossing wakes in a flat, too. This one will be the weekday boat, 'cuz there's too much kidney damage driving it on the weekend.
    We'll see you guys out there next weekend. Maybe we can take the Stevens out early and find out why they put handles on the dash.:jawdrop:
    **edit** Find out why there SHOULD BE handles on the dash!

We're here. Druncle Dave will be here on Tuesday. See you guys on Saturday.