Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Happened to Professional Courtesy!?

Do F150's Float?
    So, just a little angry/confused today. We had to fire ANOTHER receptionist for not showing up or calling in. The last one couldn't make it to work on time to save her life. One of my other family members had the same problem recently too. I know it's the holidays & all, but, c'mon people! You need money for presents don't you!??
    I've just noticed a lot of this going on, especially in the mortgage biz - I'll call my lender reps 3 or 4 times with no response, only to find out they've left the company (& can't be bothered to let me know).
    I just wonder about people sometimes...if I'm gonna be 10 minutes late, I call! If I have a doctor's appointment (not an emergency situation) I know at least 3 days in advance. I'm not saying there's no room for unexpected situations or anything...but it shouldn't be an ongoing problem!
    Ok....rant over... thanks for listening

h2oski2fast
    That's not professional courtesy, thats just being professional. Professional courtesy is when a cop pulls over another cop and deosn't give him a ticket, because he's a cop.

Do F150's Float?
    Whatever...i was just trying to make a point :yuk:

superdave013
    shoe is on the other foot here. I'm going to fire my boss. Yup, you heard that right. They had me sign an "At Will Agreement" so now it's time for me to fire them at my will.
    I will give them the 2 weeks notice but I sure don't want to.
    p.s. You should hire Bruce. I bet he'd make a fine receptionist.

76ANTHONY
    Whatever...i was just trying to make a point :yuk:
    YOU MADE IT... now hows about that jobby job, i promise to be at work on time if you can get the jammies thing taken care of

Havasu Hangin'
    That's not professional courtesy, thats just being professional. Professional courtesy is when a cop pulls over another cop and deosn't give him a ticket, because he's a cop.
    Q. Why don't sharks eat lawyers?
    A. Professional courtesy.

Cole Trickle
    We have had employees that would call in sick more times in a 2 week period than I have in my life.
    Work habbits are hardly what they used to be.

Do F150's Float?
    p.s. You should hire Bruce. I bet he'd make a fine receptionist.
    I need someone who actually wants to work!!! LOL....
    YOU MADE IT... now hows about that jobby job, i promise to be at work on time if you can get the jammies thing taken care of
    Well, maybe if you wear pinstripe jammies... :idea: isn't it a bit of a commute for $8/hr though???

h2oski2fast
    Work habbits are hardly what they used to be.
    Yeah, I know, I've seen you work. :yuk:

meaniam
    So, just a little angry/confused today. We had to fire ANOTHER receptionist for not showing up or calling in. The last one couldn't make it to work on time to save her life. One of my other family members had the same problem recently too. I know it's the holidays & all, but, c'mon people! You need money for presents don't you!??
    I've just noticed a lot of this going on, especially in the mortgage biz - I'll call my lender reps 3 or 4 times with no response, only to find out they've left the company (& can't be bothered to let me know).
    I just wonder about people sometimes...if I'm gonna be 10 minutes late, I call! If I have a doctor's appointment (not an emergency situation) I know at least 3 days in advance. I'm not saying there's no room for unexpected situations or anything...but it shouldn't be an ongoing problem!
    Ok....rant over... thanks for listening
    there is no signal for their cell phones at the river....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast