Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: basset valve.

victorfb
    or go with riodogs advise and install a valve near the drivers seat to shut of at low rpm and open at higher. ok, three options.

502 JET
    502, it's obvious to this crowd that you probably run nothing more than a stock motor and pump that doesn't give you concern for what the bigboys experience. Do a search and you might learn something.
    Rio
    Oh I apoligize. Pardon me with my meager 450 hp motor and 75 mph top speed doesn't give much ccredibility. Disregard any of the info I have posted until I prove my self to be one of the "BIGBOYS". I'll be sure to have pictures and video to back up my claims next time.............502

Cas
    Disregard any of the info I have posted until I prove my self to be one of the "BIGBOYS". I'll be sure to have pictures and video to back up my claims next time.............502
    just pop an ad on ebay.

502 JET
    just pop an ad on ebay.
    ROTFLMAO!

Cas
    on the Bassett set-up, you should have 2 water dumps from the thermostat housing. 1 is an actual overboard dump with a vlave and the other to the Bassett tee and then to the header injecter lines.

DelawareDave
    I don't know anything, but I have a pressure relief valve in the line from the pump, set at 15 psi. McMaster-Carr PN 9763K11. Excess goes straight overboard. Thermo housing has one line going overboard with no restriction, and the other outlet on the thermo housing goes to the Bassett T valve. So far, so good. No water in the oil, no hydrolocked cylinders, so far, anyway. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :jawdrop:

Jetaholic
    Me and a buddy of mine came up with an idea...instead of buying one of those Banderlog valves, we think you could probably make one for much cheaper. Just buy one of MSDs RPM switches and have it control an electric solenoid valve. Set it to 2,000 RPMs and place the solenoid valve in line with the gate valve that feeds the headers.
    What do you guys think?

Cas
    that idea has been around for a long time as has the idea using the Moroso 12VDC valve and a NOS rpm switch. The Banderlog works and works very well, the failure rate is almost nil and it's easy to install. It's kind of like that Ronco Rotisserie, Set it and Forget it

BrendellaJet
    that idea has been around for a long time as has the idea using the Moroso 12VDC valve and a NOS rpm switch. The Banderlog works and works very well, the failure rate is almost nil and it's easy to install. It's kind of like that Ronco Rotisserie, Set it and Forget it
    Yep. this has been done a few times, successfully too. I found an asco valve for like $50 bucks on Ebay(pretty damn sure the moroso valve is also an asco, just private label issue). I will control with an MSD window switch so it comes on at 2500 and goes off at 5000 or so.
    The nice thing about the banderlog unit is the cleanliness. Everything is there in one neat package.

Cas
    The nice thing about the banderlog unit is the cleanliness. Everything is there in one neat package.
    actually, the nice thing about is it's already done and takes very little time to install. With something else, you may spend a little less money but spend a whole lot more time fiddle f*cking around to make it work.
    hmmmmm, 30 minutes to install or 2 hrs to possibly get something else to work, my choice is the easy way on this one

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast