Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Two boats, 11 peeps, one mssing?

Not So Fast
    Actually surprised that the city leaders havent put a capacity limit on boats and watercraft allowed on the lake like they do with some of the local lakes here in So Cal.
    My guess is most likely would be hard to do since there are so many different launch ramps and jurisdictions involved.
    Lets just hope and pray that the loss of life on Havasu doesnt become a trend.
    My thoughts and prayers are with all involved.
    Imposible to accomplish what with so many places up the river to launch but I've said for the past 4 years it's getting very dangerous out there with too many people, plain and simple truth I'm afraid NSF

rodnjen
    I agree, this is all very sad. Unfortunately people keep pushing it further than their skill, boat and or conditions allow. I wish all involved the best, and caution and good sense for the rest.

Sleek-Jet
    Actually surprised that the city leaders havent put a capacity limit on boats and watercraft allowed on the lake like they do with some of the local lakes here in So Cal.
    My guess is most likely would be hard to do since there are so many different launch ramps and jurisdictions involved.
    Lets just hope and pray that the loss of life on Havasu doesnt become a trend.
    My thoughts and prayers are with all involved.
    The city doesn't own the lake... so it would have to be the feds that put a capacity limit in place.
    Good luck and prayers to those involved in the accident.

MBlaster
    The numbers of inexperienced drivers of both PWC's and boats is growing daily, I'm sure you all have seen them and agree on this, thats why we try not to boat on Saturdays much less a holiday.
    Friday afternoons fall in that category too. You have to be pretty damn hard up to boat at havi on a saturday or a holiday.
    To me its more fun and a helluva lot safer to watch the insanity from shore.

hava life
    In my opinion the lakes should not be regulated for how many people on on the water. That to me is not the problem, how about a licence to be able to launch? The problem is to many people don't know what they are doing and do not pay attention to others on the water. If the local or government gets involved in regulating the people on the water I am sure they will screw that up like everything else the government tries to do. How many people will try to sue because they got in an accident? People are trying every year to sue the city because of someone drowning in the channel. Next it will be because some a#!hole doesn't know how to drive on the water and they will sue because they have an accident. If anything the police should be able to get people off the water that don't know what they are doing. We see people all the time that don't know what they are doing and should not have a boat or jet ski. All it appears that the LEO cares about is if you have had a beer but not to concerned if the person is not drinking and doesn't know how to drive. If everyone had to have a licence to drive on the water I think the LEO would be able to help on getting the idiots under control. I know not all accidents are caused by people with no clue but it may make boating a little safer.

DUCKY
    Since moving here, you almost won't catch me on the lake on a weekend, and certainly not on a holiday weekend. Not so much due to safety concerns (although that's changing), but because it's not fun anymore.

DUCKY
    In my opinion the lakes should not be regulated for how many people on on the water. That to me is not the problem, how about a licence to be able to launch? The problem is to many people don't know what they are doing and do not pay attention to others on the water. If the local or government gets involved in regulating the people on the water I am sure they will screw that up like everything else the government tries to do. How many people will try to sue because they got in an accident? People are trying every year to sue the city because of someone drowning in the channel. Next it will be because some a#!hole doesn't know how to drive on the water and they will sue because they have an accident. If anything the police should be able to get people off the water that don't know what they are doing. We see people all the time that don't know what they are doing and should not have a boat or jet ski. All it appears that the LEO cares about is if you have had a beer but not to concerned if the person is not drinking and doesn't know how to drive. If everyone had to have a licence to drive on the water I think the LEO would be able to help on getting the idiots under control. I know not all accidents are caused by people with no clue but it may make boating a little safer.
    I agree. The government will inherently screw up any new regulations. I think it's more important for existing law enforcement to concentrate on patrolling the lake, and the entrance and exit of the channel for "moving violations" than cruising up and down the channel writing tickets for excessive nipple exposure.....

IDRPSTF
    (1) bigger boats
    (2) smaller brains
    feel free to add to the list .............
    Not always the case.
    I have been open in Lake Havasu City for almost one year now. Of all the boats sold I offer "Innitial Training" to the buyers on how to handle the boat at the dock, on and off the trailer and up to 70 mph or a speed deemed safe by me. My wife flys out to Havasu every weekend to teach female buyers, girlfriends and wives how to drive. With insurance companies looking at us all a little closer, and the pricetag of larger boats going into the seven figure range people are now considering dock dings acceptable let alone major damage. The trend I have seen is positive. I have only delivered one boat in Havasu without the buyer taking me up on the free training offer. That boat was 21 foot long and the buyer had 20 years experiance.
    This rollover is tragic to say the least, and non of us know what really happened. Whenever an accident is broadcast on the boards the cheep seat detectives start to speculate and rumors start flying. This could be a faulty steering part, could be mechanical issue, could be driver error, or it could be a bad luck combo. The paper already speculated alcohol could be related without adding grounds for the comment... GREAT REPORTING!!!
    So before we say bigger boats and smaller brains... lets wait for an official report.

HavaSkank
    (1) bigger boats
    (2) smaller brains
    feel free to add to the list ............. :idea:
    (3) smaller penis'

ratso
    (3) smaller penis'
    Isn't that the same as "Bigger Boat"?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast