Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Who uses there cover when the boat is in the garage?

Throttle
    I snap em on most of da time... keeps da dust out...

watergun4u
    I have an old school cover (parachute) and used it when I first got it but not since. I dust the boat daily and am always putzin around in it, even the winter time so no I dont keep it covered. Anybody need a 40' parachute NSF
    I could use a parachute, free?? or how much? shipped to 93277 let me know please!

beaverretriever
    I hate to disagree with everyone that covers their boat. If it is not outside, don't cover it. Even the softest covers will retain dust, grime, dirt, etc and when you pull it over the gel it will leave micro scratches. Most covers are abrasive and will cause some sort of visible dulling of the finish. If you EVER put a cover on the boat it must be wiped down and the cover must be extremely soft and recently washed.
    Our boats are always garaged and never covered. When and if I let even a small layer of dust settle on the gel coat it gets sprayed with Meguires Final Inspection spray and wiped off with a micro fiber cloth (one cloth used per side of the boat).
    If there is even a hint of dust on your boat and you put a cover on it, it will scratch it. Put your boat under the garage lights and you will see.
    Mind you, I am the most meticulous guy on the planet so don't listen to me.
    BTW, if you are in and out of the garage ALOT moving stuff around, a cover will prevent some damage to the boat if you swing somthing, or bang somthing into it.

EAZYKILLER2006
    never covered our yet, the cover is new in the box
    seems fine in the garage

catman-do
    I have never covered the boat while in the garage. The small amount of dust that would get on their clean off too easy. However the lines the cover can make on the interior are a pain in the arse.

BadKachina
    The boat garage is insulated, drywalled, painted, with epoxy floors and the only thing in it is the boat. I hardly get any dust on the boat. The key is keeping the garage shut at all times. I never cover it, my cover is brand new.

Havasu1
    I cover mine in the garage. I keep mine at Havi but when the wind kicks up, dust seems to find it's way into the garage and then migrate to the nice clean seats of my boat. I just toss it on there, I don't tie it donw of anything.

Debbolas
    We cover it with the snap down bimini (open on one end so nothing grows) and then cover with the big grey cover.
    (and we trickle charge the battery)
    We pulled our plug this time:jawdrop:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234