Thread: Question re: my 2002 Yukon and my warranty

19Kona
    Ok, here is the deal, my local dealer - RYDEL in Van Nuys gives me nothing but grief with warranty work, I don't know why. The last service tech I spoke to said "this is the way we did it at Pep Boys." Well I don't take my cars to Pep Boys.
    Anyway, my warranty runs out at the end of the year. It is the GM bumper to bumper with no deductible. Here are the issues I want to solve prior to the extended warranty running out:
    1. The steering needs the new teflon deal installed. I already had the grease kit, but still have the loose/tick tock steering problem.
    2. My AC takes a while to cool off. It used to blow cold right away, but now I have to drive a while (15-20 min). The dealer tech said that they recommend service every 2 years, I said show me where that is in the manual. Anyway he said my warranty does not cover this ???? What does the $1600 cover?
    3. I hear the tick-tock at idle and the dealer says it is the injectors. It is not, it is lifters or piston slap. The last tech to work on it - and I kid you not, was deaf. They sent a deaf guy to look for engine noise.
    4. When we drive out to Parker, the fuel pump is so loud I can hear it from inside the truck, but it appears to be working. This problem seams to occur only on long drives so the dealer cannot duplicate.
    That's it for now. Thank you in advance.

PHOTOGLOU
    Ok, here is the deal, my local dealer - RYDEL in Van Nuys gives me nothing but grief with warranty work, I don't know why. The last service tech I spoke to said "this is the way we did it at Pep Boys." Well I don't take my cars to Pep Boys.
    Anyway, my warranty runs out at the end of the year. It is the GM bumper to bumper with no deductible. Here are the issues I want to solve prior to the extended warranty running out:
    1. The steering needs the new teflon deal installed. I already had the grease kit, but still have the loose/tick tock steering problem.
    2. My AC takes a while to cool off. It used to blow cold right away, but now I have to drive a while (15-20 min). The dealer tech said that they recommend service every 2 years, I said show me where that is in the manual. Anyway he said my warranty does not cover this ???? What does the $1600 cover?
    3. I hear the tick-tock at idle and the dealer says it is the injectors. It is not, it is lifters or piston slap. The last tech to work on it - and I kid you not, was deaf. They sent a deaf guy to look for engine noise.
    4. When we drive out to Parker, the fuel pump is so loud I can hear it from inside the truck, but it appears to be working. This problem seams to occur only on long drives so the dealer cannot duplicate.
    That's it for now. Thank you in advance.
    How many miles are on the vehicle.... an 02 still under the factory 3 yr 36k mile warranty is hard to believe.... Are you talking about a GMPP warranty... if so please PM me your vin # so I can look up the warranty.. Thanks Jay 714 552 0300

19Kona
    PM sent.