Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Teenager Prank?

OCMerrill
    What a moment. You were probably so proud and so pissed all at the same time.
    LMAO! One story I sure wish was not true. I managed 40+ years of not being kicked there. Never knew what it really felt like.
    My daughter did exactly what she had been training for. Three years of Hi- Yah straight to my nutz. She cried her eyes out she felt so bad. All I could say at the time was...OK that will work!
    The deal is if you know its comming it won't happen. For some reason I failed to believe it would. I basically asked for it and still did not believe it.
    At least with her I won't have to do the "I Have a Shotgun" deal to any future date of hers.

HM
    Sure you know...sense you work near where I live.
    She is in ATA. Our daughter Kirstin - 1st degree- Level two recommended (name added to the black belt). Mine and yours - kids are right in the same rank or close. She started on her 5th birthday. She just turned 8.
    Just for fun... a year + ago I told her she could not drop me. She said she could. I laughed and told her save it until your older. I figured by 16 she ought to be real down with it. So as I am laughing my wife says to me..."Dear, your wrong. I said there is just no way. I turned to Kirstin and said try all you want but I can just grab you and forget it. Without any hesitation she kicked me in the nuts and DROPPED ME. I am a 6-1, 245 lb construction worker. It actually made me puke.
    So can your kids protect themselves at a young age? Let me put it this way...they teach the element of strike surprise for a reason.
    ATA - I don't think the ATA ever has any tournys against ITA except for really big events. I have a nephew in ATA who is the same level black belt as your daughter who lives in Anaheim Hills. A lot more sword work in ATA. The colored belts a little different in ATA too.
    My son also started on his 5th birthday. They test every two months and he tested every time and only had to re-test one time when he failed to break his boards. Took a little over a year and a half to get to probationary black belt. Once they become black belt, they can only test every 4 months...so the climb thru black belt ranks is slower than the colored belts. My 6 year old is a little guy and a crack up to watch....he gets kicked in the face quite a bit which is slowly teaching him to keep his guard up. The owners of the studio like him a lot and have given him more attention because he has been so into it.
    My 6 year old, while I never have personally experienced it , can deliver a kick to balls very quickly - with enough power to make an attacker lose focus for atleast a moment or two. The kids have the element of suprise on their hands because adults don't expect kids to fight back, atleast in a way that would actually hurt...And they are very quick.

02HoWaRd26
    another good one is either the fishing line to the back bumper to the metal garbage can, or just a 2 liter bottle some water and dry ice under someones bedroom window it makes enough noise to wake the neighborhood up but you will come out of bed ready to fight... my buddy loves that one, I hate it :devil: but it is a good one

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456