Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF, water in all passenger cylinders BBC

probablecause
    WTF, tried to fire the boat (BBC) to set the timing with a new magneto and the starter was working real hard. Thought the batteries were dying so recharged them, and still hard start. Starting pulling plugs and yanked all of the driver's side first - all clean. Pulled the first passenger cylinder plug and water spit out. Yanked all the rest and all had water. Turned it over to blow it out and it was like a fountain Driver's side all clear.
    The boat sat for two years and ran fine before being put away. Other than a head gasket going bad, what else?

jbone
    Water in all cyls on passenger side:idea:
    That seems odd. I would think a gasket failure would only affect 1-2 cyls.
    Maybe intake manifold gasket???
    J

probablecause
    Water in all cyls on passenger side:idea:
    That seems odd. I would think a gasket failure would only affect 1-2 cyls.
    Maybe intake manifold gasket???
    J
    But how would an intake manifold gasket cause water to get into the cylinders?

pw_Tony
    But how would an intake manifold gasket cause water to get into the cylinders?
    Letting the water jackets spray into both of the sets of intake runners... but that's assuming the gasket is SHOT!

79centurion
    Did it sit outside? If so you might have got rain water in the engine. You can leave the plugs out and hook the motor to a hose and turn it on and see if it comes out of the plug holes. If so then you have a bad head gasket or intake gasket.
    Dan

OverKill
    Considering It sat for two years without running. I would change all of the gaskets anyway. Consider youself lucky if thats all it is.

probablecause
    Did it sit outside? If so you might have got rain water in the engine. You can leave the plugs out and hook the motor to a hose and turn it on and see if it comes out of the plug holes. If so then you have a bad head gasket or intake gasket.
    Dan
    It sat covered with no water to the engine. The water had to be from when it was fired last week and water was run through it. However, when we went to start it this week, it would not turn over and walla, the passenger side H2O.

OverKill
    Where you running it off the garden hose? If so I will bet you had the hose turned up to high and blew a gasket.

probablecause
    Where you running it off the garden hose? If so I will bet you had the hose turned up to high and blew a gasket.
    I have a diverter installed that won't allow anything above 30 psi through. The rest gets dumped to a thru-hull fitting. The only thing done in the off season (a month ago) was the installation of a new intake manifold gasket. That has got to be the culprit, but the boat was fired and ran fine for a couple of minutes last week.

OverKill
    HMMMMMMMM. Well I'll bet your right. Take off the manifold again and try new gaskets. I think Felpro makes manifold gaskets, if so use them.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast