Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'VE BEEN ROBBED!

126driver:
    Thanks for all the comments and suggestions on what to do if the guy(s) caught. But they won't get caught. F'n thieves never get caught it seems. And you're all right. We haven't fired anyone recently, but it was either someone that works for us, used to work for us, or knows someone who works for us that discussed our security. They see what the boss has and they think they don't make enough so they steal the shit. I wish I didn't even have my stuff down at work for that very reason but the trailer is too big to keep at the house. Same bastards that cry poverty and low pay are the ones that never pull 40 hrs because they miss days.
    Anyways, I spent yesterday trying to clean everything up. Especially that black fingerprint crap that is all over my cabinets. Looks like if I wax the cabinets that embedded black stuff will clean. Next time I think I'll tell the cops to forget trying to get fingerprints, it isn't worth the hassle.
    And I had a blowout on my truck driving down the freeway Saturday night, I ran into a huge hornet's nest under my eave while putting up Christmas lights, nearly fell off the ladder and broke a bunch of bulbs trying to get the hell out of there, and finally my wife crashed on a mountain bike yesterday afternoon and we think she fractured her elbow. She's at the doc this morning.
    How was everyone else's weekend? Dude,
    Stay in bed. Don't leave the house. Sorry to here about all the bad luck. Hope it turns around soon. & hope the wife's elbow is O.K.
    Speaking of having a good weekend. My wife & I went up in the hills yesterday to get a christmas tree. My buddy cruized over some snow with his 1/2 ton. Then my 3/4 ton diesel broke through the crust & dug in. Once I stopped digging myself in, I could spin all 4 wheels by hand. After three hours of trying to dig the truck out. & breaking my tow strap with my buddies truck, I called the tow truck. 1-1/2 hours later, He chokked the rear wheels & hooked onto my truck. He lifted his front tires off the ground trying to pull. He had to hook up to a tree in front of him to get me out. Once he got me out, Their was a perfect inprint of the bottom of my truck in the snow.
    Anyway the tree cutting permit cost $10 bucks. & the tow truck cost $160 bucks.
    Merry Christmas.
    Morg

126driver
    Morg - misery loves company. $170 is a little pricey for a tree, isn't it? wink

126driver:
    Morg - misery loves company. $170 is a little pricey for a tree, isn't it? wink Merry Flipp'n Christmas.
    I keep thinking what I could have gotten for the boat with that $160.

superdave013
    Scott, Sorry to hear about all of that. People who steal should hang from a rope.
    Sorry to hear about the wife too. Mine did the same thing a few years ago and broke an arm. Now she knows I can vacuum and do dishes!

Stab-n-Steer
    126driver:
    And I had a blowout on my truck driving down the freeway Saturday night, I ran into a huge hornet's nest under my eave while putting up Christmas lights, nearly fell off the ladder and broke a bunch of bulbs trying to get the hell out of there, and finally my wife crashed on a mountain bike yesterday afternoon and we think she fractured her elbow. She's at the doc this morning.
    How was everyone else's weekend? This sounds like a new Chevy Chase movie - "Thanksgiving Vacation"!
    I have a spare refrigerator to donate to the cause if that will help... just needs a quick cleaning.
    Seriously, I am totally bummed about what those bustards did. I have been ripped off before and there's no worse feeling when you realize what happened. I remember walking into my shop some years ago and wondering where my toolboxes were. How come the boat motor is missing all the shinny parts? And where are the gages and steering wheel??? It sucks. In this case, we knew who did it and could do nothing about it. It's amazing how the criminals have all the "rights". And the lawyers that defend these scumbags are even worse...
    I know this sounds hollow right now but things could always be worse.
    I hope your Christmas get's better.
    Take care,
    S&S

126driver
    S & S - thanks bro. Yeah, it could've been worse. They could have got my blender!

78Eliminator
    Man, when I read this I actually got sick to my stomach. When and if they get caught, I;m sure they'll do all of 30 days in lockup with free cable tv and three emals that we all pay for. It would have been nice to catch them in the act with a duece goose....

Stab-n-Steer
    126driver:
    S & S - thanks bro. Yeah, it could've been worse. They could have got my blender! Now that's the humor I'm use to!
    Hang in there man...
    S&S

126driver
    78Eliminator:
    Man, when I read this I actually got sick to my stomach. When and if they get caught, I;m sure they'll do all of 30 days in lockup with free cable tv and three emals that we all pay for. It would have been nice to catch them in the act with a duece goose....Several years ago, some dumbass stole my dually early one morning.

My dad sees the guy driving it that afternoon about ten miles away from my house! Long story short, the cops chase him, he crashes into a van and gets caught. The judge releases him O/R, he skips and gets recaught a year later. Eventually goes to jail. He owes us restitution of $22K, and just recently I started getting checks via the prison every 5 to 9 weeks for ten bucks or so. I take great satisfaction in thinking that it is a tremendous pain in the ass for that guy to have to give up ten bucks of his pay which is probably .25/hr or so. Maybe not, but that's my dream and I'm clinging to it!

396_Z
    Just a side note.
    I drive a tow truck now and then (I drove one F/T for 3 years) and from experience I can tell you it takes about 8k lbs of line tension to get the front to lift on a 1 ton truck. Of course thats when I knew I was pulling hard... I have a great polaroid of me with a semi wrecker front end 4' in the air.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123