Thread: Hi-Tech Brand Boat?

El Prosecutor
    This boat is being advertised as a "Hi-Tech" jet boat. Anybody know if Mr. Oblander has anything to do with it?
    http://images.craigslist.org/0101040...f52353c100531f .jpg
    http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/boa/371129398.html

Wicked Performance Boats
    I don't think Duane has anything to do with it. He sells other manufacturers hulls and rigs them for them. I don't think he makes his own boats, BUT I could be wrong. Budlight

BGMAN203
    The boat was built by Jim Lange @ Hi-Tech Marine in Simi Valley CA. He is still in business. Give him a call if you have questions about it. 805-583-2656

Beer-30
    I've seen this model in V-drive, also.

Pops@Aggressor
    This boat is being advertised as a "Hi-Tech" jet boat. Anybody know if Mr. Oblander has anything to do with it?
    http://images.craigslist.org/0101040...f52353c100531f .jpg
    http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb...129398.htmlIts a Hi Tech Marine- Designed by Jim Lange- Several Deck Molds available. I Have the Molds which were produced under the name RaysonCraft in Gardena untill 2003- It is my hope to produce them 100% as Jets along with several others.
    I hope to generate sales in Kit format and offer stages back to the build your own or custom built by performance dealers.

Marty Gras
    Unless you PURCHASED those molds from Jim at HiTech Marine we are not talking about the same boats. I got some molds back in the late 70's from a glass shop in OC. I put a 1 degree delta pad in the mold and built some boats. I had them layed up at "Joe's tooling" and that design "found it's way" to Cole and Lange. They both made changes to the decks but not the bottoms.(I've heard other stories, I don't believe) If Jim Lange built the boat, it was (from the mold) built with great care in all respects, and is one of the "best of the best". Jim did his own designs in a number of decks (he may have made bottom changes to this design) and the one pictured appears to be one of his boats. "Bluebooks" look at 'mass numbers' but TRUE CUSTOM BUILDERS are very rare. Look at the rigging, wiring, and overall way the boat was built. (and how it runs!) "Jim and I are not great friends but I respect his comitment to the boats". If that boat will do what YOU want, you can't go wrong with a Hi- Tech Marine Boat. Just ask the champion racers that come out of Jim's shop! "Pops" if you do have those molds, please consider the care that Jim put into every boat he built, please don't sell boats just for money. Please put your "soul" into every boat, just as Jim did!

Just-Jettin
    Hey Marty Gras, the molds you got from OC in the late 70's, is this the same mold Cole used for the 20ftSSll and later the larger 22ft Superhawk and Nighthawk?
    Just wanting to know I have a 1991 Cole Superhawk hard deck IO, boat is fast with mild BBC power and a blueprinted bottom by Pats Fiberglass.
    Jim Lange did the bottom of my 81 Hondo and put a shollow strut in around 1998 for a PRO GAS FLAT I was running, George Trevett originally did the bottom first on my Hondo. Joes tooling built my current PRO GAS FLAT for Mettler, a 1987 Canyon Marine. All these names you spit out gets my attention, thanks.
    Jeff

Marty Gras
    The 20' and 22' are totally different bottoms. The 22' has a 3/4" error in the "keel to strake" registration. "Your buddy Joe" liked to do business in "his own way' and he has made many variations on the molds that have been in his shop. "Guys would pay and he would build". Didn't mean to distract you, just wanted to inform the questioner about a quality boat that has a brand name that only "insiders" know. I heard that "Joe" was out of business, I feel it's a move in the right direction for the boat business.