Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF???? 140mph, but it can go 170mph?

HBjet
    565edge:
    What is this you call a "SQUAT",most the races i see are on the roll.Ive never seen two boats stop at the lake and get evened up then take off?The races ive seen seen are ausually a couple drunk guys getting paired up at any given speed and then hold it down.Usually when i squat im taking a big shit! Well, while your taking a shit, I'll be running away from ya then!
    I'll run someone from a rolling start, but I also like to run them from a squat (off plane, moving forward, say about 1500rpms) Some boats are fast, some boats are quick! If you go no holeshot, well, that's not my problem!
    So, would you run me starting from a squat 565?
    HBjet

565edge
    HBjet:
    565edge:
    What is this you call a "SQUAT",most the races i see are on the roll.Ive never seen two boats stop at the lake and get evened up then take off?The races ive seen seen are ausually a couple drunk guys getting paired up at any given speed and then hold it down.Usually when i squat im taking a big shit! Well, while your taking a shit, I'll be running away from ya then!
    I'll run someone from a rolling start, but I also like to run them from a squat (off plane, moving forward, say about 1500rpms) Some boats are fast, some boats are quick! If you go no holeshot, well, that's not my problem!
    So, would you run me starting from a squat 565?
    HBjet I will run you from a squat,we all know v-bottoms plain quicker,why arent you running your boat this weekend at lost lake?

HBjet
    565edge:
    why arent you running your boat this weekend at lost lake? The main one is no Life Line, and that's something MissHBjet made me promise! I should be getting one soon though.
    There will be plenty of weekends, and I do plan on going to the BBSP. You should come to that, we need all the Big Blocks we can get to beach some of these Out Boards who think going fast starts 1 mile after you hit the gas!
    HBjet

Kurtis500
    HBjet:
    DUCKY:
    I'd say it's a 110 -115 mph boat on a good day. Unfortunately for HBJet, that's still plenty of v-drive to hand him his ass in a basket! So if we started from a squat, when would he pass me? The 1 mile marker? I'm really curious to know how long you would have to go to have a 110-115mph hydro that makes it's most power at 7200rpm to pass a 95mph jet that makes all of it's power at 5800rpm (remember, once you hit the gas in a jet, your at your max rpm)
    HBjet I think this is all relative to the boats set-up. If you gear a v-drive low enough it will leave as hard as any jet. To a certain mph/et time the jets are quick and launch hard. But like thier speed and et they fall off at a point. The twin screw boats I have seen leave twice as hard as any jet. Even with the same power in a jet you wont get the effeciency of the prop at that hp.
    I think with your set-up, the jet will launch faster. If you put the motor in an equally set-up flat it will run a higher mph. The motor you have is similar to the one in my shovel-nose, except I have 12:5.1, solid cam, 990's and 2 660's, I think you have less compression and bigger carbs??. We are under geared and over propped and still run 106-110 mph consistantly. It could go faster with a better gear/prop combo. But this works fine as is.
    My quess is the hydro would pass you before the 1/8th. But so what. Enjoy the cup holders and ice chests and the jet boat. If it works for you its the best boat you could own.
    The main one is no Life Line, and that's something MissHBjet made me promise! I should be getting one soon though.
    GOOD! 3 years ago this Labor Day weekend I witnessed a guy get killed at Apache lake here in AZ. Did CPR on him for 45 minutes to no avail. Something a lifeline AND a helmet may have prevented. He was 'drag' racing at sunset in a CP jet and wasnt doing more than 65-75 when it nosed in the right front. All his friends witnessed it, including his girlfriend who he just dropped off to lose the weight.
    [ August 27, 2003, 01:19 AM: Message edited by: Kurtis500 ]

Lookin for Liquid
    I wonder if the Jet Boat forums are slow this week.

Blown 472
    Lookin for Liquid:
    I wonder if the Jet Boat forums are slow this week. heheheheheeheeee

superdave013
    HBjet, it would be a shame to hear of you not running due to lack of safty gear.
    Swing by and I'll lone you my lifeline chute jacket. I don't lone it to just anyone but I know you'll take care of it.
    Hope it fits ya though. It's tight on me but I can suck it in just enough. The leg straps are the tightest fit.

Big Proppa
    Hey HB - a buddy of mine is selling a t-deck shovelnose hydro for $1,800 very rare and very fast - should run 115 with your motor and the right prop and gear.
    Hopefully my tranny will help out when we squat!

wrightnow
    I agree that with the same hp a v-drive will always out run a jet, but if the jet is a light layup the v-drive will require some distance to catch up.
    With river racing 1/8 mile my money would be on the jet.
    HB go pickup superdave jacket and let the races begin...
    Mark

blownmoney
    SHIT IF RIVER RACES ARE ONLY 1/8TH MILE MAYBE I OUGHTA PUT THE SIXES BACK IN WHEN I HEAD TO THE RIVER HUH?

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast