Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF???? 140mph, but it can go 170mph?

Blown 472
    hummm the jet boat guys say the ob guys only want to race on a roll on but then they want to only race in the 1/8?? Why not 1/4 just like they do at ihba, then all things are the same and no advantage to what ever boat.???

uclahater
    wrightnow:
    I agree that with the same hp a v-drive will always out run a jet, but if the jet is a light layup the v-drive will require some distance to catch up.
    With river racing 1/8 mile my money would be on the jet.
    HB go pickup superdave jacket and let the races begin...
    Mark May be you jet boats could start a jr boat racing league like they have in NHRA. They only run 1/8 mile, and I think the age group is up to 18 years old. Hell if your only going to run 220 yards why dont you just make it a running race. How about 4 laps on a 1 1/4 mile course Im sure 126 would be glad to oblige any of you jet boat guys in this

Kurtis500
    May be you jet boats could start a jr boat racing league like they have in NHRA. They only run 1/8 mile, and I think the age group is up to 18 years old. eek!
    The Shaw brothers have no problem running the IHBA with thier outboards. In drag racing on the water there already is a rolling start before you hit the et beams.
    [ August 27, 2003, 10:43 AM: Message edited by: Kurtis500 ]

Lookin for Liquid
    Hit the beams?, Yes but at the same time.

Kurtis500
    Lookin for Liquid:
    Hit the beams?, Yes but at the same time.

HBjet
    Blown 472:
    hummm the jet boat guys say the ob guys only want to race on a roll on but then they want to only race in the 1/8?? Why not 1/4 just like they do at ihba, then all things are the same and no advantage to what ever boat.??? Where do all the jet boat guys say that?
    I've raced a 90+ mph out board (Rapid Craft) last year with my old motor, and we raced a few times. Yes, I lost everytime, but only after I reached my top speed and the outboard passed me. We raced from a squat, and from a rolling, 30mph start..... Everytime, I was ahead until I didn't have anymore left. Afterwards, the driver of the other boat said to me he didn't start to pass me until he was moving over 85mph.
    Anyways, I will run someone at squat, and a rolling start, but if someone will only do one, or the other, well, then nevermind!
    Oh, and one thing I always find funny is if the race is shorter, or if you run from a squat, the outboard and v-drive guys needs to change props, or gears.... I don't change nothing. I know props are faster, but you have to admit when out of the hole, or equal power from a rolling start, the prop will always have to play catchup to the jet!
    HBjet

Lookin for Liquid
    Like I said before the Jet forums are probably a little slow this week.

HBjet
    Lookin for Liquid:
    Like I said before the Jet forums are probably a little slow this week. No, just spicing up this one!
    Actually, I just had a question about that hydro running 140mph!
    HBjet

wrightnow
    uclahater:
    wrightnow:
    I agree that with the same hp a v-drive will always out run a jet, but if the jet is a light layup the v-drive will require some distance to catch up.
    With river racing 1/8 mile my money would be on the jet.
    HB go pickup superdave jacket and let the races begin...
    Mark May be you jet boats could start a jr boat racing league like they have in NHRA. They only run 1/8 mile, and I think the age group is up to 18 years old. Hell if your only going to run 220 yards why dont you just make it a running race. How about 4 laps on a 1 1/4 mile course Im sure 126 would be glad to oblige any of you jet boat guys in this I believe there is a race back east that is less than 1/4 with a big pay out and I'm sure that a jet was killing the group (jerry hicks). Given enough room anyone can be fast, it's all about being quick ET

schiada96
    Most races run a full 1320. If they raced 1320 would the prop boats win hands down ?
    [ August 27, 2003, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: schiada96 ]

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast