Thread: HOTWHEELS Radar Gun

EXTRMBT
    Anybody use one before? Wife picked me one up for my kid side. One of the car magazines tested it and said it worked pretty good. So far we tested a hotwheel on a track in the office. NASCAR HOTWHEEL downhill with a push registered 7mph. It can be switched between 1:64 (hotwheel) or 1:1 scale. It can also read MPH and KPH. We are going to test it on a full size car tonight. Not bad for $25, wifey got mine 50%.

EXTRMBT
    Oh yeah, it says it will detect speeds up to 100mph in 1:1 scale

John.
    got one for my nephew a few months back and he loves it. his dad is a Helena PD and says its not very accurate.

bohica
    We're having our Hot Wheels racing party in a few weeks. Anyone have the low down on what cars are fast.:idea:

EXTRMBT
    We just tested it in the parking lot with a fullsize and it was right on. It only starts reading speed at about 15-20 feet out. Nothing like the cops but fun none the less. Anyhow it will be fun for the RC cars, Boats, telling the nephews how fast they are going on there bikes, and yelling at the neighbors kid and his friends to slow the fock down .

EXTRMBT
    We're having our Hot Wheels racing party in a few weeks. Anyone have the low down on what cars are fast.:idea:
    Are you serious?

Big Kahunaa
    i'm in tell me when

bohica
    Are you serious?
    Yep, it's a Glamisdunes.com party at my buddies house in Alpine, near San Diego. This is the 2nd one, we had one last year that was a blast and the competition was fierce. Some of these guys are way into it, testing different cars for months before. These are our rules.
    For the race, it is run what you brung.
    --There will be 2 divisions. Winner of division A will challenge winner of division B, and a Grand National Champion will be crowned.
    --You can enter 1 car for each division. $5.00 per car.(total 2 cars), so plan on bringing $10.
    --Kids can race also. However, we will be calling out names to report to the staging area, and the person that entered that car must take his or her car to the starting gate, not mom, dad, or neighbor.
    --Cars must be of different styles. For example, you can’t have two of the exact same hotwheels Viper. But, you can have same style cars if they are in a series. For example, indy cars.
    --you can modify your car, but car must be able to fit on a standard hotwheels track.
    --No tiny engines, bottle rockets, etc…Free falling only.
    --There will be only one race track, there will be two lanes, and it will be drag race style.
    --Track will be around 35 ft long. It will free drop about 6ft with no support, then hit floor and travel flat for a good distance to finish line.
    --Single elimination.
    --There will be no practice prior to the race on the track, so plan on becoming friends with somebody here on the board that is going, has a track and lives close to you so you can test cars. START TESTING NOW!

ahhell
    Oh hell yeah.,.. downhill speed = weight plus loose wheel spin right???
    the Hot wheels VW bus is the fastest by far
    Sorry , Im a recovering Hot Wheels collector

02HoWaRd26
    That is funny, there has got to be alot of drinking going on that night as well