Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My lower unit was cut at the exhaust ??

vishus
    Should have!
    But, it was pouring rain and the kids/dogs were sleeping in the back of the SUV...
    I may need to HIRE you for the day to help me learn to drive this damn thing...
    later man,
    sid

Towndrunk
    Give me a couple of weeks for phys therapy and we'll get together.

tucson_boat_guy
    I drilled out a midsection of a 150 to get the same results. It sounds like a Bob's Machine exhaust housing was glued on. Check out his site and click on "Engine Exhaust: outboard exhaust housing" http://www.bobsmachine.com/ Maybe this will shed some light.
    My midsection is drilled below the cavitation plate, just where the lower disconnects from the midsection. The mods are to increase your holeshot. Some exhaust still goes thru the prop, just not a lot.
    If you need another midsection email me and I'll send ya some pictures. It is just sitting around on an engine stand.
    If you dont use an over the hub prop then fab up some covers and epoxy them on.
    If they are on the backside of the housing, the epoxy will be fine, the backside is a lowpressure area.
    What part of Tuscon? Gary
    Hey thanks for that site, I think I may be doing some shopping he has some great stuff.
    my camera took a dump I will try and get pics up this weekend. The holes are pretty big. My engine has no problem with RPM at any speed. I think this was done for that reason. I can hammer down from a dead stop and hit 4-5000 r's. With my small hub prop is slips till I get planed them I can hammer down, the enitre time it sounds wide open like on the trailer with a hose on it. I think the previous owner did some other work to it. I am in the process of trying to figure it out with this being the most obvious mod.
    THanks
    I live in Rancho Sahuarita BTW

vishus
    TBG,
    Where do you boat? We boat at Bartlett and Saguaro primarily. Always nice to see some fast OBs, keeps the jetboats honest...
    sid

tucson_boat_guy
    vishus,
    I take it to Apache mainly but I have always wanted to see those also. Maybe we can head up there this season.
    I would like for someone who is into outboards see this one. This is my first.
    The hull is a 76 Cee Bee Avenger with a Merc 150 Black Max and a hydrolic jack plate. It is alot different that the jet I had before this.
    Any pics of yours?

timebomb1
    Glad that helped. I hunt down by you. Off the box canyon road (Elephant head). Unit 34a. My grandma lived in Sahuarita off Country Club and Sahuarita road, and my uncle lives off Santa Thomas in Green Valley. Gary

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12