Thread: I Am DUMB!!!!!!!

DansBlown73Nordic
    I was just going change the oil seal on the balancer on my 454. So I take off the pulley and hook up my puller. As I crank the bolt in all the sudden it gats real hard. So I keep cranking it off.
    Im all set to put it back together when I notice the Neovane pump is kinda tipped up. So I look at the top of the balancer that has this nice big scratch in the top.
    When I pulled the balancer it hit the bottom of the pump and bent the timing cover all to hell. The pump is ok just the cover is bent. eek!

GofastRacer
    Don't feel bad, I almost did the same thing once!..ROLMFAO........

Thunderbutt
    Dan, Grand off about 1/4 of an inch off of the pump. When I frist installed mine I could get it on because it was hitting the balancer. Sorry Dans66Stevens:
    I was just going change the oil seal on the balancer on my 454. So I take off the pulley and hook up my puller. As I crank the bolt in all the sudden it gats real hard. So I keep cranking it off.
    Im all set to put it back together when I notice the Neovane pump is kinda tipped up. So I look at the top of the balancer that has this nice big scratch in the top.
    When I pulled the balancer it hit the bottom of the pump and bent the timing cover all to hell. The pump is ok just the cover is bent. eek!

DansBlown73Nordic
    Well all is well now! I took it apart and took it up to my neighors. We used a big press to make it look like new.
    I hate to make a mistake like that!!! eek!