Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just me and my little girl all week..

TheCarDudes
    Good stuff. Pic of our little girl in the avatar. She is truly a "Daddy's little girl."

1 Baja Guy
    Dueling Banjo's ?
    I live real close to a Boy Scout camp and my daughter and her friends LOVE scaring the campers. It's a favorite, local past-time to run through the camp at night making growling noises.
    Hey man, it's a small hick town. What else do you expect her to do? Make moonshine and play banjo all day? (the booze and banjo only consume about 4 hours of her day)

Wild Horses
    All this time I thought it was the Dad's that went with their boys to Scout camp! Yes I know there are a few women that can show their boys a thing or two about camping and Orienteering but in the long run to me it is a male rite of passage! I always thought they did things different in California.
    Clint
    Yes I am an Eagle Scout!

lucky
    All this time I thought it was the Dad's that went with their boys to Scout camp! Yes I know there are a few women that can show their boys a thing or two about camping and Orienteering but in the long run to me it is a male rite of passage! I always thought they did things different in California.
    Clint
    Yes I am an Eagle Scout!
    I avoided boyscouts as ours was run by the Cathloic Church ! Tieing knots was a bitch - especialy on a four poster bed

BajaMike
    Mama's been with my son at a boy scout camp up in Idylwild all week. So far they've suffered squirrel attacks, bear scares, no women's bathroom and food poisoning from the funky food and water. Nothing like barfing and the runs to make a trip more memorable.
    But my daughter (12) and I are having a pretty good time. I have to work, but she's hooked up with the Humane Society with some friends for a day camp from 9 to 3. I pick her up after from a friends house. They do cool animal stuff all day.
    We've had a good time hanging out. Made dinner and done dishes, saw a preview of Harry Potter, made popcorn, gone swimming, shopped for groceries and other just lame stuff. But its fun just the two of us.
    It's odd how different kids are. she's great at helping out, she enjoys it...my son is the opposite.
    She's growing up so fast......I'm gonna miss my little girl......
    At age 12, dad knows everything.......at 14, dad knows nothing and her friends are experts on everything in the 'real world'........:idea:
    Enjoy the next few years.......

HavaSkank
    Clint
    Yes I am an Eagle Scout!
    I knew I wanted you for a reason. Gotta love a man in uniform, especially one with dozens of colorful merit badges on it from cooking chicken kiev to saving the whales

RitcheyRch
    Enjoy it while you can. They grow up way too darn fast.

CoolCruzinCobra
    [QUOTE=BajaMike;2670033]At age 12, dad knows everything.......at 14, dad knows nothing and her friends are experts on everything in the 'real world'........:idea:
    Yep! So true

Tremor Therapy
    At age 12, dad knows everything.......at 14, dad knows nothing and her friends are experts on everything in the 'real world'........:idea:
    Enjoy the next few years.......
    Isn't that the ever loving truth! For 13 years my daughter and I were buds! Now I am the meanest, dumbest, biggest waste of her life that exists. Oh, until it comes time to open the wallet, then she loves me again.

Mandelon
    Clint
    Yes I am an Eagle Scout!
    I do the weekend events, but can't get away from work that long to do a whole week up there. My son is diabetic and needs someone to keep an eye on him. At 13 his responsibility level just isn't high enough yet to monitor his blood sugar levels. At least not high enough to keep mom happy....
    It seems when you have two kids, that the time you get with just one at a time is special. There's no competition, there's no fighting......its just better.
    Sometimes they get along like best pals, and other times the door slamming and yelling makes me grit my teeth so hard I'm afraid they'll break!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast