Thread: Yo, IndianaTahiti...... Seat Pics....

Devilman
    These are all I have of it, on this computer anyway. The swivel was in there when I got the boat & when we redid the seats, I re-used it. I like it.....
    It doesn't look to be anything special, probably could get one from a boating supply store that deals with fishing boats. Looks to me like the base of those swiveling seats like in the front of a bass boat....
    The pics here show the original driver seat base, but when building the new one, I copied the basic design with only a couple of changes to beef it up some.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...0/seatbase.JPG
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...riverseat2.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...786_Small_.JPG
    The swivel is through-bolted to the frame, while the holes to mount the seat have threaded inserts. That way the seat base is basically through-bolted to the swivel, you just don't have to be f*cking around trying to squeeze your hand under there with lockwashers, nuts & wrenches & stuff..... Went together real easy & so far its been very sturdy. Been run in some pretty rough water from time to time & I ain't no light-weight, LOL....
    I can get you a closer shot of that first pic, showing the seat base & swivel if you like, just gotta resize the pic & crop it.... Lemme know. :rollside:

Devilman
    I can get you a closer shot of that first pic, showing the seat base & swivel if you like, just gotta resize the pic & crop it.... Lemme know. :rollside:
    I went ahead & did it anyway. It was pretty grungy there, but cleaned up well....
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...opseatbase.jpg
    And here is a bigger pic of my avatar, I'm guessing that's how you knew I had a swiveling seat. It will turn damn near all the way around.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...00/river28.jpg

IndianaTahiti
    I have seen some swivels locally just the ones that dont have the locks on them.Does yours move around while you are driving? By the way I love that floor! Was it expensive to do?

hack job
    i had one just like that in my old spectra 19 it would move a bit during driving but not much. i took mine out when i had the interior done. my guess is they are great for sking.

Devilman
    I have seen some swivels locally just the ones that dont have the locks on them.Does yours move around while you are driving? By the way I love that floor! Was it expensive to do?
    If you have room to get your hand under there, you could use one like you describe. The base on this one is also tilted, so when sitting in the seat, you're kinda leaned back a little instead of staight up & down, which is another thing I liked about it. The tilt though, is why there wasn't room to get in there with a wrench & stuff. Lots of space to work on the front two bolts, but very limited space on the back two bolts.
    Seat doesn't turn unless I make it turn. Kinda reminds me of a barstool I guess. It turns pretty easily with minimal effort, but won't just spin uncontrollably or move around while driving....
    Thanks for the compliments on the floor, I really like it. Super easy to maintain. Something spills, wipe it up. Gets sandy, same thing. Wipe it up with a damp rag, or if nothing else just rinse it out the back of the boat. No tryin to vacuum a sandy, dirty carpet & no worries about spilt beer or beverages stinkin up the carpet either. LOL To me, carpet in a boat just don't add up. Don't get me wrong, I've seen some boats with killer interior with really nice carpet floors, they look really nice. I just like the low-maintence factor & it looks good to boot. Friend of mine did his SWTD & his Cheyenne the same way.
    Far as the cost, not sure what it would cost to just spray the floor. I bought the boat knowing the floor & transom were in bad shape. Matter of fact, we only ran it once before tearing it down to redo everything. I didn't know anybody with a boat when I bought mine, so I took it to a shop to have it done. Guy that did the work was the one who clued me in on the sprayed floor. It was probably too much, but for everything it was $2200 bucks. Had I known then what I do now, I may have tackled it myself, but I don't regret spending the money on it.....