Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: A war we can't win...

SmokinLowriderSS
    I have the same feelings. Unfortunately, we have a bunch of nutless politicians and civilians who make noise every time we move and will not LET us win this war.

3 daytona`s
    I have the same feelings. Unfortunately, we have a bunch of nutless politicians and civilians who make noise every time we move and will not LET us win this war.
    Flower Power Peace Brother

Baja Big Dog
    every time I read it or hear it I go ballistic,are you nuts? The Viet Nam War would have been a piece of cake with criss- crossing the pitiful place with B-52`s The smart bombs/missles we have smoke this disgusting haven for hate and terror. Then pack up come home after notifying all if any problew what so ever there again the wrath will continue.
    Read it three times......WTF are you saying?
    We could eliminate our PROBLEWS with some more MISSLES?

bigq

OKIE-JET
    I read it as "If ya kick that ass correct the first time, chances are, there wont be a second go round"....Germany anyone?

Moneypitt
    I read it as "If ya kick that ass correct the first time, chances are, there wont be a second go round"....Germany anyone?
    Or that other "we're bad asses" place, what was it, Oh yeah, Japan.......

ULTRA26 # 1
    We will never win in Iraq, as we are not at war with Iraq. IMO the longer we are in Iraq, the worse the situation there will get. We invaded this Country with no plan of how to win, and it doesn't seem to me that we have a plan on how to win today..
    I believe that it would be more effective to study the movement of the terrorist groups, follow them and take them out quietly rather than standing out in the open and waiting for the crazies to strike.
    Seems we are trying to fight at their level instead of of using the intelligence this Country is made of and stands for.

Poster X
    When you armchair junior Patton's get through high-fiving and slapping each other on the ass perhaps you could explain to us how you'd know if we even won the war?

centerhill condor
    Glad to see the Poster has returned....perhaps your humor and wit will help rescue us.
    As for how we are or are not winning the war...well, Al Sadr and Al queda are now being fought and shot by the very same tribes and groups that only a year ago were supporting them..funny how things change.
    The tribes and villages quickly realized that those two groups kill everybody they can since any target is a good target for them...to quote the Eagles, "every form of refuge has its price".
    Al Sadr and Al queda of course over played their hands and now they are being cut off. They could always make a come back...but they would have to fill another function than death delivery.
    Some time ago, when one mosque was attacked hundreds of sunni mosques were destroyed and thousands of sunnis slaughtered. Now, not so much. It appears as if the pendelum swings there as it does everywhere else. Everybody tires of murder....even religous fanatics.
    As far as victory is concerned, there are many different measures. The same things that worked in Phillipines, Japan, Germany, South Korea and those other never mentioned success stories.
    Security, economic growth, gov't functions, sharing oil revenues, etc.
    Our army is spending some money on economic projects to improve employment. Presumably, if you have a stake in the New Iraq you'll be less likely to help blow up your employer's shop.
    One gauge of success is how much the Persians/Syrians feel the need to interfere. If they think Iraq will collapse into civil war they wouldn't be sending in trouble makers and supplies.
    There are 50 measures of success..some more applicable than others.
    You'd do well to find other sources of info than national news. They are only focused on one thing...selling stomach elixirs.
    I'm optimistic 'cause I think we underestimate the Iraqi people. Something tells me they'd rather be griping about their congress and spending more time on the boat! Ahh the American dream!

Old Texan
    Glad to see the Poster has returned....perhaps your humor and wit will help rescue us.
    As for how we are or are not winning the war...well, Al Sadr and Al queda are now being fought and shot by the very same tribes and groups that only a year ago were supporting them..funny how things change.
    The tribes and villages quickly realized that those two groups kill everybody they can since any target is a good target for them...to quote the Eagles, "every form of refuge has its price".
    Al Sadr and Al queda of course over played their hands and now they are being cut off. They could always make a come back...but they would have to fill another function than death delivery.
    Some time ago, when one mosque was attacked hundreds of sunni mosques were destroyed and thousands of sunnis slaughtered. Now, not so much. It appears as if the pendelum swings there as it does everywhere else. Everybody tires of murder....even religous fanatics.
    As far as victory is concerned, there are many different measures. The same things that worked in Phillipines, Japan, Germany, South Korea and those other never mentioned success stories.
    Security, economic growth, gov't functions, sharing oil revenues, etc.
    Our army is spending some money on economic projects to improve employment. Presumably, if you have a stake in the New Iraq you'll be less likely to help blow up your employer's shop.
    One gauge of success is how much the Persians/Syrians feel the need to interfere. If they think Iraq will collapse into civil war they wouldn't be sending in trouble makers and supplies.
    There are 50 measures of success..some more applicable than others.
    You'd do well to find other sources of info than national news. They are only focused on one thing...selling stomach elixirs.
    I'm optimistic 'cause I think we underestimate the Iraqi people. Something tells me they'd rather be griping about their congress and spending more time on the boat! Ahh the American dream!
    A voice of reason from someone that "understands the show". Very good points CC.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast