Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rights and Freedom vs Public Safety

wsuwrhr
    And your point is?
    I gotta agree with BC...for once.
    You might want to check your spelling before you go off with the definition.

3 daytona`s
    Do the research Dumb Fock!!
    The Neanderthal (IPA: /niː.ˈændə(ɹ)ˌθɔːl/, also with /neɪ-/, and /-tɑːl/), (Homo neanderthalensis) or Neandertal was a species of the Homo genus that inhabited Europe and parts of western Asia. The first proto-Neanderthal traits appeared in Europe as early as 350,000 years ago.[1] By 130,000 years ago, full blown Neanderthal characteristics had appeared. Neanderthals became extinct in Europe approximately 24,000 years ago.[2][3][4]
    WITH SPELL CHECK OR WITH OUT IT P.S. I won`t get into calling the foul names with you O.K.? it appears you have a handle on it just fine. BTW what is your point

Flyinbowtie
    I am concerned about the erosion of personal freedoms in this country, too.
    In my experience, as has been stated, reasonably intelligent folks don't need laws to tell them how to function in day-to-day situations. Sadly, we have become a nation increasingly inhabited by people who, in an earlier day, would have been weeded out of the gene pool by natural selection.
    Most of us know that we shouldn't use our blow-dryer in the shower, but somebody did, so now we have a government warning.
    Most of us know that operating dangerous machinery while intoxicated can lead to death, but a whole bunch of us insist on pushing the envelope.
    The vast majority of "new" laws regulating what used to be common sense issues, those that are eroding our personal freedoms are a direct result of power-hungry politicans in government responding to the "lowest common denominator" amongst us, the ones who never got beyond the toddler stage of being able to care for themselves.
    And we all suffer for it.

Old Texan
    I heard a discussion on the radio the other day that a research group has suggested a 17% tax on fatty foods in order to get the public to cut back. They feel this will help solve the obesity problem in America.
    The tax will go towards fat folks with out insurance.
    I suppose we will get inevitable "fart" tax penalization platform going next.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123