Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loaders rock!

twowheeledfish
    My pump was unloading rather violently around 67mph, so I installed a super sport loader scoop on my JC to solve the problem. Not only did this solve the problem, but the boat ran 72.7 mph on GPS last weekend. I gained 5-6 mph for less than $200... not bad.

I've only ran my boat for one weekend so far but my pump seamed like it was unloading rather easy. it seamed like if i jumped on the throttle and there was any type of small wake that i would bounce off the rev limiter, or if i was doing a 180 deg turn and got on the throttle a bit the last bit of the turn it would do the same. I noticed that when i had the boat full of heavier guys (i'm only 120-130lbs) that it didnt seam to do this. Again i only ran the boat for one weekend though and didnt get much nice water to play in. I've been wondering if i need a loader... Guess we'll see how it preforms the next trip.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    My pump was unloading rather violently around 67mph, so I installed a super sport loader scoop on my JC to solve the problem. Not only did this solve the problem, but the boat ran 72.7 mph on GPS last weekend. I gained 5-6 mph for less than $200... not bad.
    Some peeps say that its the best bang for the buck Glad your happy and it worked for you

twowheeledfish
    Some peeps say that its the best bang for the buck Glad your happy and it worked for you
    I'd have to agree. This was by far the cheapest speed I've gained, especially when compared to the cost of hydraulic diverters, bowls, stainless impellers and the like. The boat handles a bit different on the top end too. Before the loader, the back of the boat felt loose and skipped across the water at speed. Now the back feels planted and hooked to the surface of the water. For the first time, the pump feels like its really working. I can only imagine what additional impeller speed from more ponies would do now.

pw_Tony
    Is there any thread links on how to install a loader, or possibly a loader selecton guide?

W.O.T
    I just put the berkely extreme loader on my boat. Keep an eye on those screws that hold the loader on. After two trips those 1/4 inch screws on my intake holding the loader started to stretch and the loader was loose. The loader puts alot of stress on those screws. Ive read on the boards if the loader come off it can be extremely dangerous. I drilled through my intake and used grade 8 bolts. The loader made a big improvement on my boat also.

twowheeledfish
    I just put the berkely extreme loader on my boat. Keep an eye on those screws that hold the loader on. After two trips those 1/4 inch screws on my intake holding the loader started to stretch and the loader was loose. The loader puts alot of stress on those screws. Ive read on the boards if the loader come off it can be extremely dangerous. I drilled through my intake and used grade 8 bolts. The loader made a big improvement on my boat also.
    You used 1/4"??? Wow. I drilled through the intake and used 5/16" stainless, then put nylocs on all four bolts that were protruding through the intake. Oh yeah, and I also used a little thread lock on each bolt. I didn't want those suckers to budge.

El Prosecutor
    Who did you buy it from, which model?
    I have a 12JC that could use an extra bolt on 5 mph

kcsteck
    Who did you buy it from, which model?
    I have a 12JC that could use an extra bolt on 5 mph
    whish i had the same results. I went 58 with the first level loader (sport loader) then when I put the next level loader i lost 4 mph only went 54 mph and it loaded alot more water into motor as well and got water in the oil.
    Im still tryin to figure it all out.
    Rebuildin motor now.
    Casey

W.O.T
    You used 1/4"??? Wow. I drilled through the intake and used 5/16" stainless, then put nylocs on all four bolts that were protruding through the intake. Oh yeah, and I also used a little thread lock on each bolt. I didn't want those suckers to budge.
    yeah at first i used the stock mounting screws but now im using grade 8 bolts through the intake. its not going anywhere now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast