Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Turlock Lake

BAE_557
    We were Yosemite last weekend. It's suoer small but it does the job for a day.
    I have some buddies that were at Pedro with no problems the last 2 weeks
    Is Yosemite Lake cool with open zoomies and no speed limit?
    What part of Don Pedro were they at?

Heatseeker
    I seriously doubt you could get away with zoomies @ Don Pedro. I've seen the sheriff there hassle people with baffled headers in the past. They even told my cousin's son that hydros weren't allowed on the lake(which is total BS!)when he was just cruising his out to the houseboat!

BlueNun
    I guess it just differs from day to day out there. I was readin about a Hydro that sank at Pedro on Sunday so they must have left him alone. I will run out to Lake Yosemite today and ask if they are still the same as they have always been. Everytime I am out there I see jets runnin dry without any probs.

Heatseeker
    The hydro that sunk(it actually broke apart Friday on a 110 mph WFO pass) was my cousin Ric's. He is still unconscious at Doctor's Hospital in Modesto.
    Hydros aren't "not allowed" on the lake, the cops were just being jerks because he was a young kid and his hydro had open headers. Ric's hydro had both baffles and GBH mufflers on it. He's been running it up there since he got it about 5 or 6 years ago. He ran his race hydro up there back in the late 70's and early 80's without a prob, but those days are long gone. The money has moved in up there.

BAE_557
    Sorry, no update yet. I was not able to make the trip last weekend. I will however be going this Sunday AM. I will provide an update early next week. I did talk to the ranger and was told No speed limit and headers were not an issue.
    Dennis
    Dennis,
    Just wondering how things went at Turlock last weekend.
    -William

BAE_557
    Does anybody else have something to add about Turlock Lake?

BlueNun
    BAE did u get my emails??

bahner454
    Turns out Turlock is ok with OT headers; but not unless you are running Water & baffles!! The ranger gave me a warning and was told to run baffles or to leave. I ended up at Modesto and was able to run open headers all day with NO issues. A couple V Drive guys were recommending McClure as a much bigger lake and able to run just about anything with no issues from Johnny Law.
    Hope that helps.
    Dennis

yomama
    Is Turlock's ski beach still intact? I haven't been down that way in years. Many good times back in the day ....

bocco
    The hydro that sunk(it actually broke apart Friday on a 110 mph WFO pass) was my cousin Ric's. He is still unconscious at Doctor's Hospital in Modesto.
    John,
    I didn't realize that was your cousin that wrecked. Really sorry to hear that. Hope he comes out of it OK.
    Did he catch big wake to break the boat apart?
    Gary

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast