Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gullwing bass boat

If its says PJB on the vin its a Scotten boat.

steelcomp
    If its says PJB on the vin its a Scotten boat.It could be an ES boat...Earl started Performance Jet Boats before Scotten had it. Scotten added California to Performance...(thus, the CP), but his HIN's still say PJB...at least that's they way I understand it.

Bill told me a few weeks ago anything with PJB in the vin is one of his boats. I think hes supposed to come by next week, Ill ask him again.

Wicked Performance Boats
    Earl's boats and Scotten's boats are PJB. Lately Scottens are PJBT

73kona455
    if i remember right the boat in question is a 79 model...wouldnt that be an earl smith?

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    I think it's still the official world's fastest bass boat.
    Sorry steel, I disagree!
    http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysga...ters%20002.jpg

Wicked Performance Boats
    if i remember right the boat in question is a 79 model...wouldnt that be an earl smith?
    Yes, depending on who you talk to.

BACK2BIGRIVER
    I was told last week by Greg Shoemaker that him and Bill stated makeing CP in 1979

FASTJTBT
    Does anybody now where the style of the gullwing came from?? One hint 18ft cobalt in the 70s??

Wicked Performance Boats
    Does anybody now where the style of the gullwing came from?? One hint 18ft cobalt in the 70s??
    Depends on who you talk to. The best version I have is=====After WW2, a navel designer designed a boat [hull] that would be efficient and allow a person to stand on the bow without the front going under for military use. Then the next time this design pops up is on an Apollo fishing boat. Then Youngblood copied it and made some fast boats out of that mold. Then he sold the molds to Earl Smith in Texas. Now is when it gets cloudy. Bill Scotten says he purchased them[the molds] in a business deal and started California Performance. In 1991 Bill made new molds and sold his old ones. He told me he sold them to Mantra. He said Mantra never finished paying for them and he repossessed them and sold them to somebody in Australia. There are other molds for gullwings out there but it's cloudy who's are original and who's are copy's. The stories vary. but that's the gist of it. Budlight

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast