Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's time to begin - Helping the new guy

JOHNNYBEGOOD
    johnny the preds are great carbs but dont run a scoop on them the forced air opens the metering flap more and makes it run very rich,run air filters on top

Nitro,
    I was always told that a little rich was not a bad thing. If you are going to error, to error on the fat side. But I will keep that in mind ( wanna buy a new dooley scoop?).
    A buddy of mine swears by them. He runs them on his jet boat, ski boat with a bbc, and on his blown bbc in a street rod. I think he even has a couple on the shelf just incase.

nitro557
    ive got a couple myself,but from personal experience if you run a scoop turn it backwards on these carbs,they meter great without the extra,the extra just adds to the top plate opening more turning the cam more and bingo your rich
    the bud bog and monster truck guys love them but at the same time they never get enough speed going to over ffed them,if you buddy that runs them on the street has a scoop tell him to try them with out it or turn it around he will love the difference

JOHNNYBEGOOD
    My pig is so heavy and under powered that it aint going to move much faster than a mud bogger.
    I will keep your advice under advisement, thanks.

Thunderbolt
    Is that Mallory Unilite a 42 series?

Thunderbolt
    guess I'll dig a little deeper.. on that question..
    Ok heres another one..
    if ya had the option of elec. or Mech gauges.. which would you go with and why??.. {I order my new set in 2 weeks, just trying to get it right the 1st time}

moparjet
    guess I'll dig a little deeper.. on that question..
    Ok heres another one..
    if ya had the option of elec. or Mech gauges.. which would you go with and why??.. {I order my new set in 2 weeks, just trying to get it right the 1st time}
    i run a mech. oil pressure and boost and the rest are electric...i just like to know my oil pressure is real...the problem is routing the coppper tube all the way to the front of boat

DelawareDave
    Is that Mallory Unilite a 42 series?Mine is 25 converted to 37 series. Gauges are electric, plus mechanical O/P and F/P on the engine.

Thunderbolt
    ok cool.. not enough answers to see a trend but..
    Basically what I see is
    if it's Electrical run Elec.. ie: battery, alt and so forth
    if its Mechanical run Mech.. ie: oil, fuel, boost etc etc..
    correct?

supersoaker509
    I'm with DelawareDave just run all Elc gauges in the dash and a mech. OP and FP on the motor

Thunderbolt
    ok I got the trailor problem solved.. I found a refurbished Stratos 16.5 trailor, within the budget.. has new everything including wheels, tires and bearings, all new LED lights, everything on the tongue is new - straps, hitch and so forth only thing I see I'll have to redo is the paint, its a greyish color.. soon as I get it I'll pop a couple pics up..
    James

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12