Thread: Bravo 1 Blowing fuses???

1 Baja Guy
    Son took the boat out this weekend and blew 2 fuses .. The 1 near the pump. I haven't had any problems with it in the past. Any thing I can check to why the fuse is being blown?
    Thanks Mike

Kachina26
    Gay electrons?

Daytona100
    Get rid of them cheesy fuses. Stick a nail or something in there that should do it.

Kachina26
    Poor guy, 2 answers and neither worth a crap. Do you know what the fuses operate? What quits working when they blow?

1 Baja Guy
    Yeah I didn't think I would get any use full answers here but gave it a try anyways. lol
    The drive motor stops working until you replace the fuse. It doesn't blow it right away but it does blow out again.
    Poor guy, 2 answers and neither worth a crap. Do you know what the fuses operate? What quits working when they blow?

BDMar
    Check all the wires and the solenoids on the trim pump. The wire terminals at the solenoids could be very close and maybe loose so bouncing and triming at the right moment could short the wire.

DMOORE
    One more thing to look for is corrosion. ANY corrosion can cause an increase of chance of blowing the fuses.
    Darrell.

1 Baja Guy
    Thanks guys... Sounds like that might be the problem. I purchased the boat new in 1996 Hallett 240 with a 525sc and haven't had any problems until now. I will check your suggestions. Thanks again
    Mike

1 Baja Guy
    Thanks guys... Sounds like that might be the problem. I purchased the boat new in 1996 Hallett 240 with a 525sc and haven't had any problems until now. I will check your suggestions. Thanks again
    Mike

1 Baja Guy
    Mike