Ladies and Gentlemen,
It's that time again, the 2007 Long Beach Sprint Nationals "Race Against Hunger" presented by ARP is scheduled for August 11 & 12 and famed Long Beach Marine Stadium will play host to the 2007 APBA National Championships in the Pro Stock, Super Stock, Cracker Box, K Racing Runabout and Grand National Classes as well the the U.I.M. Pro Stock World Championships and Western Formula Light APBA Western Divisionals.
Now, I request a roll call of boats from each of our distinguished classes:
CAMPING:
Due to the fact that some of our campers decided to wait until I left the stadium last year and then restart the party to the wee hours of the morning the city received a few complaint letters from residents on that side of the stadium (North) and needless to say they were going to ban camping but I worked it out to overnight camp (for free)in the Colorado Lagoon parking lot,(directly behind the closed end of the stadium- you can see if from the stadium). Now, here's the deal, you can bring the campers/rv/motorhomes in the stadium on Saturday morning, watch the races, pay the $30/day plus $10/adult entry then Saturday after the races, move the motorhomes/rv's/campers to the Colorado Lagoon, spend the night then pay the $30/day plus $10/adut entry for Sunday's races and move the motorhomes/rv's/campers back into the stadium. This was the best I could do because as usual some people just can't listen and respect the rules so now everyone has to deal with it.
If we can keep in control this year and have no issues at Colorado Lagoon parking area then I'm sure this will be the status quo from this point forward. If P.D. has to be called for ANY REASON, camping will be finished at Stadium so please spread the word.
Any questions please call me (310) 318-4012.
Take care,
Ross Wallach, SCSC/RPM RACING ENT.