Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few observations.....

40FlatDeck
    So I'm reading the new ***boat and Powerboat mags and I have a few questions, observations, dislikes, etc.
    I read the ***boat tests and I can barely get thru the mumbo jumbo. Just tell me how the boat handled, how fast, how much, instead of making these strange comparisons. The DCB was cool but I thought it should have ran faster, although it might have, I didn't see it.:idea:
    I love Powerboat, great tests, two great test drivers, and always cool boats. Usually some good articles and DIY stuff. Cool pull out this month of a Victory cat.
    ***boat swimsuit issue? Yikes. I know ***boat is more west coast but they could probably put some other boats in the mag instead of every f**king flatbottom that has been restored and lies about its speed.
    Why did Whipple do big motors on their 33 Daytona and use Bravo drives?
    What is a Teague install kit?
    DCB with Merc 700's was sick. That's a big number with some big props, still impressive, they make a nice product.
    Does anybody else think the new Daytona's look goofy with a canopy that is small but then runs down half of the boat?
    I love the 22 Stokers that are for sale on this website!
    Sorry if this is random, flame on.

ChumpChange
    I like the pages where it just runs down the specs of the boats without the article. $1,075,000 for the MTI? WOW!

Boatlesss
    I like the pages where it just runs down the specs of the boats without the article. $1,075,000 for the MTI? WOW!
    The funniest thing is the weight of the MTI. Look at that then look at the other boats reviewed.
    The Eliminator has Bravo's b/c that is all they know.
    The Teague kit is probably something that says one thing but delivers less.
    The DCB ran good top end, but look at the 0-20 second time and glance over at the V bottom speeds for the same 20 seconds.
    These boats are definitely in need of some new styling.

40FlatDeck
    The funniest thing is the weight of the MTI. Look at that then look at the other boats reviewed.
    The Eliminator has Bravo's b/c that is all they know.
    The Teague kit is probably something that says one thing but delivers less.
    The DCB ran good top end, but look at the 0-20 second time and glance over at the V bottom speeds for the same 20 seconds.
    These boats are definitely in need of some new styling.
    I missed the weight, I assume around 10k? It is a sweet piece. Good for him.
    Agree
    Agree
    Agree
    Agree
    Agree

andy01
    Great post........
    I wish DCB, Eliminator and everybody else that sends a boat to a Mag. wouldn't try and just f everybody out of being able to ensure them. I see some of these speeds and think "what is the point" it is the only one on earth that goes that fast, but now the insurance companys think everyone of them are that fast.
    Eliminator will have new stuff pretty soon I think.......

40FlatDeck
    The thing is, with ***boat, all of a sudden, bam, a cool mag with some cool boats.(sometimes) But if you read Powerboat, alot of boat mfg only feel comfy with JT or Teague testing, being that most of the boats tested are already sold and they don't want just anyone handling the sticks.
    I might just be biased towards my flat deck but I hate how the Eliminator follows the canopy line half way down the front deck. Thats just my opinion.
    Big power = 6's Why chance it?
    You don't see Teagues personal boat with upgraded Bravo's, do you?
    None the less, the Eliminator ran very hard, congrats.

40FlatDeck
    Great post........
    I wish DCB, Eliminator and everybody else that sends a boat to a Mag. wouldn't try and just f everybody out of being able to ensure them. I see some of these speeds and think "what is the point" it is the only one on earth that goes that fast, but now the insurance companys think everyone of them are that fast.
    Eliminator will have new stuff pretty soon I think.......
    Agree
    I hope so...

Jbb
    ***boat swimsuit issue? Yikes. I know ***boat is more west coast but they could probably put some other boats in the mag instead of every f**king flatbottom that has been restored and lies about its speed.
    LMAO!!!!...Thats some quality shit right there.......

Glamasu
    They are just keeping it even with the HB forums

Whipple Charged
    So I'm reading the new ***boat and Powerboat mags and I have a few questions, observations, dislikes, etc.
    I read the ***boat tests and I can barely get thru the mumbo jumbo. Just tell me how the boat handled, how fast, how much, instead of making these strange comparisons. The DCB was cool but I thought it should have ran faster, although it might have, I didn't see it.:idea:
    I love Powerboat, great tests, two great test drivers, and always cool boats. Usually some good articles and DIY stuff. Cool pull out this month of a Victory cat.
    Why did Whipple do big motors on their 33 Daytona and use Bravo drives?
    What is a Teague install kit?
    DCB with Merc 700's was sick. That's a big number with some big props, still impressive, they make a nice product.
    Does anybody else think the new Daytona's look goofy with a canopy that is small but then runs down half of the boat?
    I love the 22 Stokers that are for sale on this website!
    Sorry if this is random, flame on.
    Please note, our 33' actually uses Imco 1000's which uses a transmission and different drive. So although the drive is a "bravo" style, it's certainly very different and is holding up to way more power than a standard bravo style. Also, #6's change the weight balance of the boat, require more room and are nearly $40,000 each! For what I do, I have no issues with the drive. 40 hours, 1 poker run (ran the hell out of it) and plenty of abuse. Been very happy.
    Teague install kit is their rigging kit, fittings, lines, etc.
    Dustin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast